HomeSeer HS-WD100+ Z-Wave Plus Scene Capable Wall Dimmer (and switch)

[quote=“skogen75, post:17, topic:191768”]Thinking of trying these switches/dimmers. I read on the HomeSeer web page the following…

HS-WD100+ and HS-WS100* provide instant status feedback and double-tap, triple-tap, press & hold functionality using the Z-Wave "central scene" command class. The feature is supported by all HomeSeer systems, including HS3 software and HomeTroller controllers. If you're using another brand of controller, be sure to check with that manufacturer to see if the central scene features are supported.

So, does anyone know if VeraPlus supports this ‘central scene’ command class? I would like the instant status feedback to function.[/quote]

There was another thread that said it doesn’t work with VERA, you might want to do a search.

Edit: Here it is for you.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38476.msg287771.html#msg287771

Thanks, I read that very short thread. There is no references that are included, they just say it does not work. I would like to see some actual references to Vera that says that Vera does not support ‘central scene’ command class. I did find a micasaverde page that does list command classes and ‘central scene’ (91) is one of them. Now this may just be a list of all z-wave command classes and not necessarily those that Vera supports.

[url=http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Command_Classes]http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Command_Classes[/url]

I also had a problem with my Aeotec micro smart dimmer not updating, and support told me to add configuration settings parameters 80, and 91.

Variable: 80 Data Size: 1 byte dec Desired Value 1
Variable: 91 Data Size: 2 byte dec Desired Value 25

This ‘91’ parameter may not be the same as the command class ‘central scene’ 91; and if you look up command class 80 it refers to ‘basic window covering’ command class, so this might not mean anything. Z-wave seems like it has multiple layers and it can get confusing.

[quote=“skogen75, post:19, topic:191768”]Thanks, I read that very short thread. There is no references that are included, they just say it does not work. I would like to see some actual references to Vera that says that Vera does not support ‘central scene’ command class. I did find a micasaverde page that does list command classes and ‘central scene’ (91) is one of them. Now this may just be a list of all z-wave command classes and not necessarily those that Vera supports.

[url=http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Command_Classes]http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Command_Classes[/url]

I also had a problem with my Aeotec micro smart dimmer not updating, and support told me to add configuration settings parameters 80, and 91.

Variable: 80 Data Size: 1 byte dec Desired Value 1
Variable: 91 Data Size: 2 byte dec Desired Value 25

This ‘91’ parameter may not be the same as the command class ‘central scene’ 91; and if you look up command class 80 it refers to ‘basic window covering’ command class, so this might not mean anything. Z-wave seems like it has multiple layers and it can get confusing.[/quote]

Just like you did before I would contact VERA directly for that answer as so far no one has successfully got that to work. I have more then one of these switches and with Homeseer they create double and triple tap children more like a scene controller. So far that’s not how VERA see’s them but I haven’t asked support directly about it. More then likely they will tell you they haven’t tested them and there for don’t currently offer support, but maybe they can give you a few ideas to try. If so post them and one of us that owns those can try it out if you don’t have one.

[quote=“emiliosic, post:15, topic:191768”]Does anyone know how to configure the double/triple/hold taps on Vera? Also, are there any option parameters to configure?
Thanks![/quote]

I’m trying to determine this as well. Did you ever figure it out?

No, something about the ‘central scene’ is not supported on Vera.

Has anyone have updates on if instant status works with Vera plus?? I was thinking of pulling trigger on about 15-18 dimmers and really hoping at least the instant status works. I mean smart things was able to get it integrated… come on vera…

Instant status works between Vera Plus and these dimmers, as well or as bad as with other older Z-Wave devices. Works most of the time, but for things where Vera needs to know the status, have a scene ‘_Poll Dimmers’ that runs every 20 seconds and runs a poll action (Advance Editor).
Receiving status seems less reliable than sending command, so it depends on the network mesh, but it works.

Yeah, I got a sort of a confused reply when I asked Vera Tech support on this. Seems like it should be something they could implement with firmware upgrade.

Seems like both of these statements quiet normal and true when applied to alot of things missing form VERA.

Problem is upgrades are few and far between with little to no real fixes on them. They also usually brake just as much as they fix or more.

Altho it could happen just don’t base several hundred dollars (675-810.00 for the 15-18 switches the poster above was asking about) on vera’s (149.00) controller and their possible updates.

Think of it as parking your 1 million dollar car in your 150k house with a carport. Sure you can do it but just makes people think your priorities are a** backwards.

Hello, I bought one of the HomeSeer HS-WD-100+ wall dimmers and am trying to include it into my Vera 3 controller. When I go to the add device in the UI (7), it does not include any HomeSeer devices. My question is do I just try to include it as a generic device or as one of the other types of dimmer switches? If one of the others, which one(s)?

90% of devices need to be added as generic since the list Vera supports is so small. There is only a few devices that really require the specific device be chosen as it needs certain children added to fully function.

Ok thank you very much.

Any updates on Vera supporting the multi-tap (scene-class?) gestures on the Homeseer switches yet?

As Homeseer is a Vera competitor I would not hold my breath waiting for device support.

Vera does support multitap on GoControl WD500Z5.

[quote=“dzmiller, post:31, topic:191768”]As Homeseer is a Vera competitor I would not hold my breath waiting for device support.

Vera does support multitap on GoControl WD500Z5.[/quote]Both products support multi-tap using the Z-Wave “central scene” command class. So, there shouldn’t be any difference in support unless Vera specifically excluded HomeSeer products in their code. That’s possible but it doesn’t make a lot of business sense.

[quote=“SocketFail, post:32, topic:191768”][quote=“dzmiller, post:31, topic:191768”]As Homeseer is a Vera competitor I would not hold my breath waiting for device support.

Vera does support multitap on GoControl WD500Z5.[/quote]Both products support multi-tap using the Z-Wave “central scene” command class. So, there shouldn’t be any difference in support unless Vera specifically excluded HomeSeer products in their code. That’s possible but it doesn’t make a lot of business sense.[/quote]

I agree, if they aren’t planning to come out with a matching product of their own, they might as well support the HS devices (especially if they are good)!

Any updates on Vera supporting the multi-tap (scene-class?) gestures on the Homeseer switches yet?

• 1 on this request. Homeseer even wrote a handler for SmartThings to work. It would be great to see these working for scene control on the Vera platform, especially since there is no competing switch product in market from Vera / MIOS. The switches are high quality, I’ve installed many in my house.

Only thing your missing is HS3 and headless mini Windows box. Been a few years since I looked back.

I have uploaded a new plugin which has much better support for the HS-WD100+ and similar Homeseer devices.

New scene controller plugin