How do I count sensor trips to increment a new variable ?

OK. Case matters. The event history shows that you haven’t been consistent with the case of the variable names. The “Set Variable” actions need to have the same case as the actual variable name–you have lowercase C in the increment expression rather than uppercase C. So fix that, and then you’re going to have to zero (via the Expressions tab) any variable that is (null) as of that moment.

1. Fix the Set Variable actions so the all variable name references have matching case to the defined variable;
  2. Go back to the Expressions tab and enter 0 (zero) for all expressions.
  3. Hit Save.
  4. Go to the Status tab and confirm all variables are zeroes.
  5. Go back to the Expressions tab, and clear/blank all expressions on the count variables, and hit Save.

Great that worked thank you so much
Now what about issue with Reactor closing edit screens and going back into Vera main screen?
I have short video of it doing it yesterday

1 Like

OK. Email me the video to that same address. If it was a common problem, I think I would have heard much more about it. Did you ever tell me what browser you were using, and what OS?

I am using latest ver of FoxFire
but also does it in Chrome and Edge

Just sent video

I meant your Vera firmware. Never mind, you sent me a Logic Summary, and I’ll have it there.

Uh… you’re on outdated firmware even for your off-support Vera product. Probably why I haven’t heard this reported more frequently.

Windows 10 Pro for workstations latest ver 64bit

My Vera 3 will not upgrade from 1.7.902 have tried dozens of times to install 1.7.1040 but it will not do it I will call Tech people tomorrow and see what they can do for me

1 Like

OK. I found it. It’s a weird jQuery thing with the UI7 code. It works the same on 1040. So far, no workaround, though…

Good that you found the issue and as far as other people not having that issue maybe yes maybe no but how many use your per-defined pull downs and how many use Reactor as compared to PLEG.
Me I hope more people switch over from PLEG to Reactor .
Reactor is by far easie to figure out and much better support .
I have been a PLEG user for several years until this year when I tried Reactor
Thanks for the long hours you put in to create this plug-in

1 Like

Some months ago I asked for count of downloads from the app store, and I was pleased with the response. Uptake seems to be quite good, and lately it seems a lot of people are making the leap. I also know that a lot of new users are recommended to use Reactor, and do, so my expectation would be that the traffic on the pre-defined events would be pretty high. And of course, Reactor runs on openLuup, so users considering that jump may have additional interest.

I think I have a fix for you. Please install the latest Hotfix update.

rigpapa
so much better thank yo so much.
You are good !
You documentation and Videos say no matter how many “Conditions” or “Expressions” or “Activities”
you have it does not use up any more of Vera’s memory or the “OS” memory, which?

Each ReactorSensor uses very little RAM and very little disk storage. The RAM differential is only the RS’s data; there is not a copy of the code per RS–just one copy of the code is resident in RAM for all RS’s to share. On disk, the storage differential is what each RS adds to user_data, which is also relatively small.

That said, since you’re on older firmware and hardware, you should always be watchful of your disk/Flash usage, as Vera didn’t partition all of the available space in those older units, so things are much tighter than the newer systems and firmware. That’s not a Reactor issue, that’s a general caveat for your environment.

1 Like

Got it, so a newer Vera space is not as much an issue as with Vera 3 with UI7
A Vera Plus gives much more programming space.
As you most likely figured out there will be 7 Conditions for each Motion Sensor and 7 Expressions per Motion Sensor and 7 Activities per Motion Sensor.
Unless I can figure out a subroutine each Sensor can use to use each day of the week without writing it 7x for each Motion Sensor

I can see some possible applications for this but am interested in how you might output the data apart from reading it direct ?
Presently, if I’m reading this the right way each day would also be overwritten every week, so outputting to a DB would be preferable?

Yes there are several other ways to rewrite what I have stated, it is in development state for me What I would like to see is a plugin that would allow Expression to be written right to the dashboard of Vera so you don’t have to open Reactor and view in Status window. My purpose is to monitor most used paths that my motion sensor cover to possibly predict blind spots in my coverage and to make sure each motion sensors is working

There’s nothing here that resets the count. That would have to be added.

There are quite a few options for exporting the data. The count variables can be exported and would be available to be pulled by VirtualSensor, or Reactor itself could simply write them to virtual sensors. In Reactor 3.5, a Run Lua block could be added to send the data to a DB somewhere, as you suggest; in 3.6 (upcoming) there’s a HTTP Request action that offers another way to do that (for RESTful/API-based DBs or similar that don’t otherwise have accessible Luup actions), etc. I think it all just depends on what kind of plumbing you’re willing to add.

@NCDude, you might look at the Virtual Panel plugin. You can “export” your count variables, and that should make them visible to VP (but I haven’t played with VP for a long time, so I’ve forgotten if it can grab the variables directly or you need to push them to a virtual sensor where it will get them).

1 Like

Thanks I will look into this ASAP right now I am on an Arduino code project to many things at once it seems.
Checked out anything Virtual and the only Virtual Panel plugin is “Virtual Alarm Panel”

It’s not in the app marketplace. Check here: Virtual Panel Plugin - #417 by rstrouse - General Plugin Discussion - Ezlo Community

Got it
Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Virtual Panel Plugin