How do you connect Vera 3 and Elk via the Plugin without a password?

Trying to setup my Vera 3 to connect to my Elk M1 Gold via the Elk M1XEP Module which is connected and working well now. I’ve even enabled the unsecured port of 2101 on the M1XEP.

I’ve installed the Plugin and added the IP Address as follows: 192.168.1.10:2101 but it still doesn’t work. My M1XEP uses a username and password when you connect via other apps. Wouldn’t a username and password be required for the plugin to work correctly?

Any help is desperately appreciated

Thanks!

@Flyte2k14

No need for a password. Are there any messages regarding the ELK start up in the web ui?

You may need to post some log output.

Cheers

I’m having the same issue, if you enable the login on the M1XEP then a password will be required to connect to the alarm panel on port 2101. I’ll have to put a USB on my system to enable logging but I’ll try to disable and enable the login credentials and post the log output.

@honedog
My understanding is that the password is not required (and has no effect) on the unsecured port. Here is a screenshot from ElkRP M1XEP setup.

My understanding could be incorrect though :slight_smile:

Cheers

John

Any updates on this issue.
Looks like I have the same issue with trying to connect using an xep.
My thread is just waiting approval , with more information.
I have not seen that I need to use a password with an xep.

@Nasty
Missed this post

[quote=“Nasty, post:5, topic:179698”]Any updates on this issue.
Looks like I have the same issue with trying to connect using an xep.
My thread is just waiting approval , with more information.
I have not seen that I need to use a password with an xep.[/quote]

Currently the plugin does not support login so this needs to be disabled on the XEP. The plugin supports Serial/Ethernet and as serial does not have login capacity so it would take a bit of work to add it.