How to create a scene that triggers luup restart?

I was wondering how to trigger “http://VERA_IP_ADDRESS:3480/data_request?id=reload” via a scene. I tried a few methods using Vera’s FAQs/Walkthrough notes on the site for both get and post, but both methods resulted in LUA/LUUP error at the top of the screen after saving the scene and running the scene did nothing.

If I can get a scene to work, I can set it on a timer to run every hour if I ever wanted to or be triggered by something. I just need to know the luup code for triggering the reset and I can handle the rest :slight_smile:

Often asked. Answer here Luup Restart Scene, for example.

No need for HTTP requests or os.execute(), simply:

luup.restart()

…assuming you are on UI7.

Just make sure you don’t use it in startup Lua, as we seen this often.

[quote=“akbooer, post:2, topic:195797”]Often asked. Answer here Luup Restart Scene, for example.

No need for HTTP requests or os.execute(), simply:

luup.restart()

…assuming you are on UI7.[/quote]

Perfect. Thank you.

Good point. In this case however, I just plan on creating a scene, setting it to manual trigger, saving just “luup.restart()” into lua code box and saving the scene. Then I can choose to add a timer to it or whatever else.

…there’s just no accounting for some people :o

LOL!

Really? ???

A timely topic as I went from trying to find out why it was reloading on its own to now wanting to force it to reload on the latest firmware to prevent the ecobee plugin from mysteriously getting disabled every 36hrs…

Think about it. If you put a reboot command in the startup script, what do you think will happen?

[size=10pt]Reboot loop.[/size]

Finally got round to testing it out. I added a scene and simply named it, put “luup.restart()” in the luup box and saved it all. Running the scene however doesn’t trigger the “please wait…” and the rest of the messages I get during luup restart. So I can’t tell if it is actually doing anything :confused:

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:8, topic:195797”]Think about it. If you put a reboot command in the startup script, what do you think will happen?

[size=10pt]Reboot loop.[/size][/quote]

… My surprise was that anybody would put it in the startup lua.