How to delete a "device"

Hello .

I was playing around a bit , and I created an extra device ( Devices > Devices to controll).
There is no use for it for me , how do I delete this device?

There is no “delete” button.
I tried this code:
http://IP adress:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=XX

The device went away , but I noticed the next morning a new one was created.
Thanks,
Cor

Anyone knows how to delete this device?

thanks,
Cor

No one knows how to delete a device created by HArmony hub plugin ?:slightly_frowning_face:

Many thanks,
Cor

Hi Cor,
The child devices are controlled by the main device. So simply remove the device you no longer want from the combo list in the settings and it will be deleted. This is by design.

Cheers Rene

Hello Rene,

Thanks for your answer. There is no option ( chrome & explorer) to remove a device , no delete or remove. I can also not “unclick” a device. It is grey or blue. When I make ( living room) blue or gray and press “save” , a pop up comes saying :" you have made no changes".

Please see attached screenshots.

Many thanks,
Cor

Hi Cor,

I have to look into this then as I have not seen this my self.

Can you try to update the selection in Devices to Control, then click out side of that control before clicking save changes? Maybe in Chrome the values are not changed until the control looses focus.

Cheers Rene

Hello ,

I tried in both chrome and explorer. when I click another device (from blue , and than another click it becomes grey) , than click outside that box, than click save.
I am unable to select nothing, one is always blue or grey , and that is the child device after the luup restart.

The child devices changed to what I selected, but I can not select nothing.

Thanks,
Cor

Hi Cor,

Aha, so you want to remove all child devices. I just tried using Firefox and then it is not a problem, just ctrl-Click until nothing is selected. I’ll try Chrome tonight to see if that behaves differently, but this is quite basic combo-box functionality so I hope not.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

OHHHHHHHH… CRTL-click … that worked for unselecting everything… didn’t know that .

Many thanks!:smiley:

Cor

:wink:

Cheers Rene