How to get a Notification when

Hello all,

New Vera owner and user.
I am wanting to get a notification at certain time of the day if a door is opened, say midnight to 6am. Either notified in the app or sms or email I don’t really care.

I also would like a notification if a door is left open for longer then say 15 minutes and keep notifying me until it’s fixed.

I am not seeing how to do this in scene editor. Can this been done with code? Is there a good tutorial somewhere?

Thanks

Both of these things can be done with Reactor. I get a notice every 15 minutes after our garage door has been open for more than 30 minutes. We have a side garage door and I get a similar message for that.
Check out the Reactor videos, start writing and let us know if you get stuck.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

May I suggest the Reactor plug-in by @rigpapa? You will be able to do everything you described with ease. The plug-in may be installed via the Apps---->Install apps tab in the Vera web UI. There is large Reactor subsection on this forum which can help you get going.

2 Likes

Alright y’all thanks for the help!

I have been testing some settings and am having a problem with the “output control” settings.

I currently have a door sensor set to notify me if a door is left open for more then 15 seconds, for testing. If I turn pulse on, 15 seconds, and wait 1 second. It works fine and keeps notifying me every 15 or so seconds.

Soon as I change the setting to 15 minutes, my required time, it no longer works. I tried changing pulse to 15 minutes(900 seconds) and it just never gives me another notification.