How to get rid of options that arent available on Honeywell D6 pro?

Hi All, Vera is showing a bunch of options that aren’t actually available to me on my D6 Pro due to the type of Split system I have - so how do I remove these?

D6_Pro

If I go into the advanced page Vera is recognizing the correct options:

D6_Pro_3

You have to write your own definition in JSON. Take a look at the files, you should find a couple with names like D_HVAC_ZoneThermostat1.json under apps, develop apps, files. Just remove what’s missing. Change its name and upload the new file. You can test the rendering but mobile apps usually doesn’t follow this rule, they have custom rules to render device. Anyway, just set the new device template under device’s options and you should be ready to go.

1 Like

Cheers, that’s a pain - I’ll just leave it.

Let me come back home and I can do it for you. It’s not that difficult.

I appreciate the offer but i can live with it - I could easily do it myself but just don’t think it’s worth it.

I might delete the device and re add it - I suspect it’s a result of me installing the device before properly configuring my Honeywell controller first.

Ok, I tried this and it made no difference - quite disappointing considering Vera doesn’t show non-supported options for my nest’s.

Nest have special device files that maps exactly the feature provided by the different versions. My nests are the European ones, so only heat is shown. I suppose that’s part of the certification process to only shown supported feature. I must say that thermostat is one of the most convoluted parts of Luup and Vera.

1 Like