How to recover from a missed action

Hi,

I have been using Reactor for quite some time now. Reactor is always behaving as expected doing what is supposed to do; no issues there. In general, most of my sensors, are time based or trigger by event that changes on a regular basis. When the sensor is satisfy by its conditions it does send the appropriate actions. In most of the time, when an action is missed by a device (for whatever reason), the situation auto correct itself by the next sequence of event, normally withing 24H or less since many of my sensors are time or motion based.

For my humidifier it is a bit different. In theory it is simple, when humidity is low “Start Humidify” when high “Stop it”. But what happen if the “Start humidify” action send by the Reactor sensor is missed by the device? The humidity is going lower and lower but the condition in the Reactor sensor has already satisfied and humidity going lower will not change that. I endup being forced to manually turn the device on to get out of this situation.

I am sure that some of you might have seen this situation before and came up with some way to recover from an action missed by a device. I thought about a second sensor or sub group to the current one with a lower humdity set point but I am not too excited about this approach. Any idea, guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reactor sensor Humidifier.zip (3.2 KB)

1 Like

Perhaps add a Pulse of some reasonable time interval, like 300 seconds, so that the still-true Conditions spark another Turn On action.

Find this under the downward chevron next to your Reactor group name.

2 Likes

Test the state of the humidifier along with the humidity level condition: if the humidity is below X and the humidier is not running.

Then, use “pulse” output mode (Condition Options) on the group, with repeats, at an acceptable timing. As long as the humidifier remains off, the group will pulse true, and each true pulse will run the “is TRUE” activity for the group, which presumably attempts to turn the humidifier on. Once the humidifier is on, the pulse train will stop.

1 Like

Yep that will do it. I kind a forgot about the group repeat that got added along the way.

You guys are too good for me.

Stay strong, stay safe, stay home…

:+1:

1 Like