How to send notification if device is in state X for time Y?

Hi,

I’ve had Vera for a while but have not dabbled in scenes. I just got a motion and a couple door sensors so now started playing with it.

I can’t figure out how to do the following with the Vera UI scene wizard:

1. If Garage door open for 1 hour, then send notification.
  2. If Front or back door left open for 10 mins, then send notificaiton.

What I CAN do with the wizard is:

1. If garage door open, then delay 1 hour, then change a device state, then send notification.

I read on the old forum about PLEG. I’m happy to learn but can’t seem to access any of the controls in the “New” UI.

Can someone point me on how to access PLEG controls…or…is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. The Reactor plugin can do this.It has its own forum section and the developer @rigpapa is extremely helpful.

I recently discovered Reactor myself – it’s very nice and I.bet it could work.
I actually set up the functionality you’re describing by using another plugin called “Countdown Timer.” First I used the app to create a timer device to countdown 1800 seconds (30 minutes). Then I created three Vera scenes:

1. Opening the garage door triggers Unmute and Start of the timer device.
  2. Closing the garage door triggers a Mute and Cancel of the timer device.
  3. Timer reaching zero triggers Mute and Cancel of the timer device and also sends a notification.

Thanks ill give Reactor a go first, I think my requirements will get more complicated over time so this should be a good start.

As I just said in another post - if you stay with Vera long you will want to look at the PLEG plug-in. You can build just about anything. Generally figuring out exactly when you want something to happen is the hard part…

Thanks, I got all this figured out with Reactor. After a little bit of instruction from rigpapa it was fairly intuitive. He said he was going to add his “initial instruction” to me to the wiki.

Reactor was awesome on the Vera controller but I have switched to the Ezlo controller.
Has anyone figured out how to do this with the Ezlo controller?

Don’t think this is possible in Ezlo Scenes / “Meshbot” rules currently ?

Multi System Reactor now supports Ezlo hubs, I’d recommend you look at that. You will need another machine to run it on however like a Pi or NAS or something.

@maksympc, I think you already mentioned the above mentioned feature to be in scope for Ezlogic, can you confirm that?

2 Likes

I can’t figure out how to do the following with the Vera UI scene wizard:

1. If Garage door open for 1 hour, then send notification.
  2. If Front or back door left open for 10 mins, then send notificaiton.

Yes, we have both in our scope for Ezlogic:

1. Functions → Duration. Functions that can be applied to trigger.
  2. Notifications as Action
2 Likes