How to trigger something when the alarm is set off?

Hi,
I’ve been trying to figure out how to trigger a scene when the alarm is activated, but all I see is something about a “heartbeat” and acting when the heartbeat rises above a certain level.
Is there a simple way to trigger a scene as soon as the alarm goes off?
Thanks.

OK I don’t have and ELK but I have a Concord which is similar. On your keypad device (the same one you use to set or trigger Stay or Away actions) you should have an option called Alarm is Active or something simmilar. That means your alarm is either in alarm mode or in alarm pending mode.

Thanks for the help.
I’m a bit confused about the “alarm pending” thing.
Using the method you mentioned will allow me to set up an event that happens if someone breaks in while I’m out?

@Quixote

[quote=“Quixote, post:1, topic:194730”]Hi,
I’ve been trying to figure out how to trigger a scene when the alarm is activated, but all I see is something about a “heartbeat” and acting when the heartbeat rises above a certain level.
Is there a simple way to trigger a scene as soon as the alarm goes off?
Thanks.[/quote]

Alarms are handled at the partition level you need to look at the partition to find alarm triggers.

Can you please rephrase this in “Elk M1 Alarm Panel Plugin for Dummies” grammar? :wink:

Away for the weekend, will put something together early next week.

@Quixote

If I was creating a scene in UI7 using Elk M1 Alarm as the trigger I would go to Scene Menu

Select +Add a Scene (top right of screen)

Select device, in this case NOT Elk Alarm Panel but instead “Partition 1” (mine is called Partition 1: Main House as that is my M1 name for partition 1)

You now have a lot of options for the different states for that Partition and the Elk M1 status as per attachment.

Hope this helps

Thanks, bud. :slight_smile:
Just confused about the wording. “Alarm active” is not clear to me since in my mind my alarm is always active when it is monitoring my perimeter. Maybe if it said something like “Alarm triggered” or “Security breech detected” or something along those lines, it would be a little more clear.
I can’t exactly set up a scene for that and test it more than once or twice since I live in an apartment block and I don’t want to desensitize my neighbors to my alarm, if you know what I mean. The wolf that cried wolf :wink: lol

@Quixote
“Alarm Active” is part of service file “urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2” which is a standard Vera file and is common across all alarm plugins.

The actual event would create either of the following: -

"text": "_DEVICE_NAME_: Alarm is active"

or

"text": "_DEVICE_NAME_: Alarm is not active"

Hopefully this helps.

I’m sure that would help someone more “Vera scripting inclined”, but as it stands for me, you might as well be addressing me in Chinese. :wink:
All I want to do is set up a scene that fires when the alarm goes off. It seems that I may have to disconnect the siren so that I can do further testing.
Thanks for your help all the same!

@Quixote
Sounds like a good way to go. If it was me I’d just bypass the siren or reduce the volume in ElkRP under Global Commands to zero volume and then have a play as you suggested.

@Quixote
Didn’t do a very good job of explaining did I :slight_smile:

Under scenes just choose a Alarm Area (See screenshot) device. This will give you access to Alarm Active (See screenshot) to trigger your scene.

Perfect! Thanks, guys!