How to upgrade device and migrate all settings?

I just replaced a VL for a V3 I’d like to keep everything the same. Is there a way to do this w/o re configuring everything?

i think you might need to do an export in imperihome and edit the file accordingly and try importing it…

bummer, I exported the json file and modified the device information. import it back in, took the update, confirmed connection to the Vera 3 but not of the devices are recognized. Hopefully someone will have a solution for this.

I’m following along for an answer also, but have you reached out to Imperihome on their website or Google+ forum?

Also if you did a complete controller shift I would have thought everything would be the same.

I have not reach out to them but doing so now.

I figure it’ll be the same, devices and all migrated over everything that was working works now. AutomationHD shifted over w/o any issue

here’s their response :frowning:

Unfortunately, there is no standard way right now to preserve IH configuration when migrating to another Vera controller. (ImperiHome bases its work on many unique identifiers that we don’t have guarantee that they are preserved when changing controller).
However, if you are simply replacing a vera by another of the same firmware and have the exact same configuration on them (i.e. devices are the same with the same identifiers etc etc…), some people have succeeded in migrating by exporting the imperihome configuration to JSON file (this is done from the preference menu), and then opening the JSON file with a text editor and trying to replace the old Vera Serial number by the new one, and then re-importing the config JSON file.
But, as you can imagine, it’s complicated and results are very hazardous.

Welp…

Hope you find a better solution.

Did you ever find another solution to this?

With the final announce of the Vera Plus, I may finally take the plunge to U17 from U15 along with the new Hardware. My house runs on ImperiHome, with a ton of customization across 7 tablets. Recreating the UI for ImperiHome would take longer than the Vera upgrade :-(.

Bump. Anyone found a clever solution to this?

I switched one of my houses (VERA’s) completely to homeseer and kept my imperihome as it was. Few things I found is your dashboards don’t just vanish when you remove your devices. My layout, links, and everything stayed the same.

What did happen is the devices were un reachable ofcourse and there was a place holder in place saying the device name and that it couldn’t be reached. I just held down delete and then re add the same device (but from another controller). So yes I had to do this probley 50 times, but it was probley less then 50% of the work I thought i would have too.

Has anyone tried this?
If your on the same ui (ui7 to ui7) and when you upgraded all your device ID’s were the same I’m thinking you can fake the imperihome and not delete the original controller just update the serial as you you update the configuration wizard of the existing controller?

I’m sure ui5 to ui7 won’t work but your back to what i had to do.

Hey…

On the Imperihome Beta Forum I asked the same thing. Was told that moving to Ui7 from Ui5 should work as long as the IP was the same, AND the device (in my case home tablets) were ONLY in local mode. So devices outside your home won’t work directly, although could benefit from you solution.?

Well think of it like this. When you added a controller then devices, you said fond this device here on this controller with this adress, user and password. If you can mimic all that info on your replacement controller i dont see why it wouldn’t work. But in the case of ui5 to ui7 the servers are different and so is the controller you added to imperihome (you choose ui5 instead or ui7 device) so i can see where local might work but remote wont and no easy way to transfer.

If you were on a ui7 device and swapped to another ui7 device i can see just maybe it all swapping right over.

Its just that devices are mapped to a certain controller you added and now the map (link) is broken when you have the devices on another main contoller.

It really wasnt bad as i quickly mapped 50 plus devices in under an hour then exported to the other phones from mine.

It took longer to change the custom icons and such on some of my devices.

Also again all the non vera devices i had didnt change or need any fixing. App shortcuts, page go to’s my ip cameras that are direct and all pages and layoutsand page names that all stays the same. Just the vera linked squares you need to update. And trust me this will be faster then updating to a new vera.

I got two more houses to get vera out of and as easy as one went ill be done soon. I’m good with PLEG but I was able to do all logic in no time flat with their built in drop down boxes.

Assuming you’re migrating from UI7 to UI7 (VE to VS for example)

[ul][li]Export to a JSON
Edit JSON
Search for the original IP address, change to the new one
Search for (for example) VeraEdge, change to (for example) VeraSecure
Search for original serial number, change to the new one
Save
Send back to tablet/device
Import new JSON
Refresh
You may still need to go through the configuration wizard in General Settings (I did, but not sure if it was required)[/li]
[li][/li][/ul]

Go to dashboard and everything is as you’re expecting