How to work with virtual devices in Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure

The easiest way to install plugin to emulate devices is quite simple and requires 2 requests.

First we need to execute:
{
"method" : "hub.software.update.plan" ,
"id" : "_ID_" ,
"params" : {
"operation" : "install" ,
"type" : "plugin" ,
"id" : "test_plugin"
}
}

The result of the previous request should be inserted into this request:
{
"method" : "hub.software.update.execute" ,
"id" : "_ID_" ,
"params" : {
"actions" : [
<Result of previous command>
]
}
}

Thats all, now we have installed virtual devices on your Ezlo Plus/Ezlo Secure hub.

Virtual Device API documentation:
VirtualDevices_API.pdf (87.7 KB)

2 Likes

See this thread also…

Also see here the Vera to Ezlo Bridge plugin, if you want to create virtual devices on the Ezlo Plus hub that actually control real devices on your Vera hub.

I am having trouble logging into my Ezlo Plus via ssh.
Are there any posts on how to do that? I set up a developer admin account on the device.

Thanks!

Just login as the user root and the password printed on the sticker on the hub.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that post elsewhere and I should have been more clear. I just got a Production US Ezlo Plus. I took a picture of the bottom of the hub, don’t see anything that resembles a password.

I have Serial, Mac, Wifi, SSID, IC, FCC ID and DSK. Can I use one of those?

Thanks!

I see.

No then, none of those are root passwords.

The beta hubs had their passwords printed on their labels.

Need someone from Ezlo to confirm then why no root password has been given?

Is this thread for Developers only? Because nothing said so far makes sense to me as a Vera user, who’s accustomed to plugins easily making virtual devices like Switchboard.

Presumably ezlo controllers will become that simple, too? And why is there a Vote button on this Topic?

1 Like

Good morning,

If the label is not in the controller, it might be in the box it came with. Otherwise, please tell us the serial number so we can look for it.

Regards,

Good morning,

With Vera controllers we had plugins that enhanced the features of different devices or allowed for features that were otherwise unavailable, sometimes they were created by us and sometimes by third parties. The new controllers come with some of these plugins as native but we are currently in the process of integrating lots of devices and features. As for the vote button, that is a feature on the forum to up vote post that users find the most relevant.

Use Wi-Fi password

1 Like

Where do I insert the requests you posted? I am new to this… my old Vera just copied what I needed from a list and automatically inserted it.

You need to use the Online API Tool.

https://apitool.ezlo.com/dashboard

However there was a problem where new users could not register to use it, please try and let me know if it works?

Also see my guide linked above in this thread, for how to create virtual devices on Ezlo hubs.

I am also having difficulty registering

OK I will tell the Devs again.

Thanks

I couldn’t login, so I tried creating an account. Same error…

Hello @wbhood,
We are checking this issue now.

1 Like

What happens if you don’t attempt to register for a new account in the Online Api Tool website and instead just try to login with your existing Vera user account username and password?

I just created a brand new Vera user account for something to add a new controller and I was able to just login to the Online Api Tool Web page with those new login details.

Thanks for posting this cw-kid. I wasn’t able to create a new account, but I was able to login using my ezlogic.mios.com username and password.

Hi, trying to uploading node_test_plugin and an error occur while update plugin.

At the moment I installed virtual devices with apiTool on ezloPlus and I can’t controll them with Alexa. (no level 0 and no other level)

Is there an official way to create virtual devices that can be controlled by Alexa?
and about VOI, any news?

Hello,

We are working to resolve the issues with eZLO VOI and therefore the possibility to add Virtual devices.

For now, we strongly recommend following the guide shared by CW-KID

Please keep in mind that you will need to create virtual devices that can be controlled through Alexa like Smart Switches and Light Bulbs.

I will also create a support ticket so we can have access to your unit and test with your controller, that way we could replicate it, as it doesn’t on our side.