Hue Dimmer as a standalone device

is there a way to integrate the hue dimmer as a stand alone device?

There is probably a way but not having one it a hard for me to say if or how.
If somebody has one and can maybe send the sample data ( json in the settings tab ) we can try to see.
Also hue api does not have an event based notification, we have to do active polling hence a potential latency equal to the polling time frequency you set in the settings.

Hue dimmer switch 1 … ill dm

“9”: {
“productname”: “Hue dimmer switch”,
“type”: “ZLLSwitch”,
“manufacturername”: “Philips”,
“swversion”: “5.45.1.17846”,
“state”: {
“buttonevent”: 1002,
“lastupdated”: “2019-05-08T14:02:07”
},
“config”: {
“reachable”: true,
“pending”: [],
“battery”: 100,
“on”: true
},
“swupdate”: {
“state”: “noupdates”,
“lastinstall”: “2019-05-08T14:01:31”
},
“capabilities”: {
“inputs”: [
{
“repeatintervals”: [
],
“events”: [
{
“buttonevent”: 1000,
“eventtype”: “initial_press”
},
{
“buttonevent”: 1001,
“eventtype”: “repeat”
},
{
“buttonevent”: 1002,
“eventtype”: “short_release”
},
{
“buttonevent”: 1003,
“eventtype”: “long_release”
}
]
},
{
],
{
“buttonevent”: 2000,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 2001,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 2002,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 2003,
}
]
},
{
],
{
“buttonevent”: 3000,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 3001,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 3002,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 3003,
}
]
},
{
],
{
“buttonevent”: 4000,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 4001,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 4002,
},
{
“buttonevent”: 4003,
}
]
}
],
“certified”: true
},
“uniqueid”: “woops”,
“name”: “Hue dimmer switch 1”,
“modelid”: “RWL020”,
“diversityid”: "ok "
}

I have put a beta version in GitHub - amg0/ALTHue: Alternate Hue Plugin however do not rush on it yet it is harmless but non functional

basically the only semantically valid mapping is not to a dimmer but to a scene controller object so that version should create the scene controller object with some empty default variable and should report the battery level properly. the scene mapping is not done. not sure how practical I ll be to do that without a real device but I will try

let me know if that beta version at least does what it is supposed to do

ok gonna test it now

device shows up but noting happens when i press the button think it has to do with the button mappings

yes, this is why I was saying “the scene mapping is not done”
the only thing that should work for now is the battery level. is it ?

oh …
my bad yup it is

ok, can you try the newer version 1.44c on github and look for the following device variables which should change when you press the dimmer buttons

“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “LastSceneTime”
“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “LastSceneID”,
“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “NumButtons”,

thx to confirm back

“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “LastSceneTime” updated on button press
“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “LastSceneID”,updated on button press
“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “NumButtons”, i manually set that variable to 4 so it does not update

“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1”, “LastSceneID”,
on (Bitton 1) (On) preseed reported 1002
on (Bitton 2) (dim up) preseed reported 2002
on (Bitton 3) (dim down) preseed reported 3002
on (Bitton 4) (off) preseed reported 4002

when i run sl_SceneActivated it doesnt do anthing usually it would say not implemented but it tries ro run sometig but the page times out

I finally bought it to test.

just releases v 1.45 on github which supports the Hue Dimmer Switch. I can trigger a scene by pressing on a button of the dimmer switch.

The mapping between the Hue button ID and what VERA uses for scene trigerring ( the sl_SceneActivated variable ) is explained in the Github readme page.
https://github.com/amg0/ALTHue

the Dimmer has 4 buttons with 4 possibilities so up to 16 different buttons for VERA ( in theorie, in practice, the INITIAL_PRESS events are not captured and you will most likely work with Short or Long press buttons )

I have not completely figured out how UI7 present nicer text to the user rather than the long list of 16 buttons, but at least it is functional and you can use the Scene to button mapping page of UI7 ( or use ALTUI notification ) with to associate a button to a scene

testing now

so here is what i found- … it dow work and does work beautifully but there is one bug.

when the button is pressed it will trigger the scene - but it holds the value in sl_SceneActivated for instance

8&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1&Variable=sl_SceneActivated&Value=3 if button one is pressed and short_release

but if the luup engine reloads or vera reloads it will re trigger the scene again and again so is there any way to implement a clear sl_SceneActivated once it is activated

yeah you have just created a 12 button scene trigger that cost $19 pretty dope that can be used as a remote or a switch

Regarding your reload issue, I doubt this is an issue with the plugin, scene should be triggered only as a trigger when the value of the variable actually changes. There must be another issue in your unit where maybe you use some other plugins for automated behavior which is not correct. Make sure if you do that you work with edges ( changes ) and not s’teady values, it is to my knowledge pretty standard that the values stays what it was , even after a reload and that does not retrigger scenes, it certainly does not do that on my unit,

no maybe im came across wrong, its not causing the vera to reboot and the plugin is fine it just that when “I” am messing with the vera and i have to reboot the unit or reload the luup engine, when the plugin loads it retriggers the scene because it was the last value pressed. so no tit not your plugin or my vera it works fine it just that once the plugin reloads(luup reload) the last button ( scene) that was pressed the scene will be retriggered because the [sl_SceneActivated] stores the value

so pretty much resetting the sl_SceneActivated to a 1 or null vlaue after it has been pressed