I am sorry, there was an error and I am not able to controll your home device

Need assistance.
I can’t find what’s out wrong :confused:
Doing a couple of hours trial and error each day for the past week.
Sometimes everything is working.
Sometimes it only works if I first ask Google home to “talk to Vera Concierge” and then turn on lights. etc.
Sometimes nothing is working…

Today; if I ask Google Home"Turn on TV Room Windows", I get response: “I am sorry, there was an error and I am not able to controll your home device”.
It works to first ask “talk to Vera Concierge” and then ask to “Turn on TV Room Windows” (Vera Concierge answer: "switch “swedish name of switch of”).

Is it possible to pay someone to fix this :)?

The messages indicate that the CLOUD software can’t contact the Local Concierge Server.
That requires:
a) Vera’s Remote Access System is working
b) Your Vera Concierge Server is working and connected.

Richard, I believe there is probably another reason for the error message.
This is what I see:
For one device the voice command is working, a second later for another it is not. Then again for a third device seconds later it is ok again. Also, if run a command for all devices in a room it does most of them ok, then one throws the error.
Device specific!
Are there any logs to look at as to narrow the issue down?

This comes up for me as well using only the google home direct integration (not “talk to vera concierge”). Things will be working fine for days and then suddenly it will start giving this error. I can make it go away by opening the browser interface and clicking the “Force Discovery of new/changed Devices and Scenes” button. Everything goes back to working… for days or sometimes just hours. Note that Vera continues to work normally throughout all this and I can still control devices NOT using Vera Concierge.

Edit: Of course, I should also mention that I really appreciate the work you’ve put into this, Richard. I was getting ready to scrap Vera entirely and go with something else to get GH integration but you’ve made Vera awesome again. Thanks for that.

I’m having the same (similar?) problem… I believe its because the ‘relay’ mios servers aren’t responding. I’m using vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com, and it’s timing out… Which brings up a couple of questions:

1. is there a way to configure/force Concierge to use my ‘local’ address? I’ve got my Vera on a static IP, and ideally the (local) Concierge server would use the local static IP…
  2. if that’s not possible, or even if it is, I seem to remember that there is a ‘list’ of cloud/relay servers, a primary, and a backup/failover server… that doesn’t seem to be configurable either?

Side note: when all the servers are working I’m LOVING this! I’d been using ‘Alexa’ for the past year, and the ‘new’ Google home stuff is easier to use.

Kirby

same issue here. Everything is setup and works just fine. A couple hours later (after not using any commands for a while) i get the error and the only way to fix is to unlink and re-link through my google home app.

Steps i’ve tried.

• Restarted VC Service
  • updated cloud config
  • retested all connectivity tests, all pass.
  • restarted vera edge.

When it works its so awesome! but now its just getting it stable and always working.

on one device i get the error when I say “turn on…”
If I say “set… to x%” it works instantly.

anyone have an idea why mine will work then break?

its consistent and usually an hour or so after the setup (and working + multiple tests)

When I don’t use it for an hour + then try its broken. Unlink and relink always works.

please help :slight_smile:

does it work if you repeat the command ?

no sir, it will never work again until i unlink/relink from the google home app on my phone. It’s really strange.

Can I provide you a debug log or something?

I can’t get this to work either. I’ve verified connectivity from the local server (successful bi-directional connectivity!), and from the appspot (Successful connectivity to your Vera and to the Local Concierge Server). I deleted all devices from the Android Home app, and added them back. When I try to turn something on or off, it says ‘I am sorry…’

Are there logs to look at that would help me figure this out? I can control all my devices from Alexa… but I’d LIKE to use my Google Home Max.

Kirby

Side note: I’m STILL somewhat convinced its because the local server INSISTS on using the ‘vera-us-oem-relay31.mios.com’ instead of my local static IP, which for some reason it DOES connect to for my other two Vera units . Also a question, what’s the ‘*’ symbol at the end of the IP Address?

Removing the google account association from the cloud, i had that same problem and i had to unlink my google account from the concierge “unlink vera from this account”, test it with a separate google account, it worked then relink my old google account

That worked, thanks!

And now it doesn’t… so I check connectivity, unlink, relink, still doesn’t work.

Am I the only one who’s having problems? Does this work for anyone?

it works for me i literally have no problems, did u try using a separate email address and what is your log saying

What do you mean by ‘separate email address’? I have three google accounts, and I’m using my primary email account. As for logs, the only one I’m aware of is from the local server, and it says:

12-Feb-2018 13:05:31 V:CSWebContainer:Config Cmd:/Query?Discovered=
12-Feb-2018 13:05:37 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
12-Feb-2018 13:05:42 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
12-Feb-2018 13:05:47 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
12-Feb-2018 13:05:51 I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.0.8/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=941192993&LoadTime=1517941158
12-Feb-2018 13:05:52 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
12-Feb-2018 13:05:57 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
12-Feb-2018 13:06:01 V:CSWebContainer:Config Cmd:/Query?Discovered=
12-Feb-2018 13:06:02 V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?

The url connection also lists 192.168.0.7. As it turn out, I could care less about these two vera controlles, the one I REALLY care about (the master) is 192.168.0.6, which for some reason ONLY connects via the mios relay servers. I’ve asked repeatedly how to ‘force/set’ the Concierge server to use my local connection, and have seen no response, nor can I find anything the forums.

This is embarrassing… I have to find time to debug this when nobody else is home… repeatedly hearing ‘I’m sorry there was an error and I’m unable to control your home device’ is very annoying. Plus I really have no idea how to debug it.

I verify connection to Vera from the local server, I verify connection from the appspot, It seems like I can then occasionally delete vera concierge from Google Home, and then add it back in, but very shortly thereafter, it stops working.

I dunno, I really like Vera…

Kirby

Did all the prior steps, including unlinking Home app with Vera Concierge. Still getting ‘I’m sorry…’, here’s what the local vera log spits out:

12-Feb-2018 15:25:48 I:SmartHome:Execute:Request:{“ids”:[“45005839-Switch-159”],“actions”:[{“command”:“action.devices.commands.OnOff”,“params”:{“on”:true}}]}
12-Feb-2018 15:25:48 E:SmartHome:DevceAction
Exception:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.SmartHome.DevceAction(SmartHome.java:299)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.SmartHome.Execute(SmartHome.java:271)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.LegalCmd(CSWebContainer.java:123)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.handle(CSWebContainer.java:46)
at org.simpleframework.http.socket.service.RouterContainer.handle(RouterContainer.java:106)
at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.dispatch(RequestDispatcher.java:121)
at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.run(RequestDispatcher.java:103)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.vera.Base.Send(Base.java:60)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.vera.Switch.SwitchCmd(Switch.java:19)
… 14 more
12-Feb-2018 15:25:48 I:SmartHome:Execute:Request:{“ids”:[“45005839-Switch-159”],“actions”:[{“command”:“action.devices.commands.OnOff”,“params”:{“on”:true}}]}
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.LegalCmd(CSWebContainer.java:123)
at com.rtsservices.conciergeserver.CSWebContainer.handle(CSWebContainer.java:46)
at org.simpleframework.http.socket.service.RouterContainer.handle(RouterContainer.java:106)
at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.dispatch(RequestDispatcher.java:121)
at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.run(RequestDispatcher.java:103)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
… 14 more
… 14 more

Any pointers on how to interpret these errors? I can read code… but I’m a little rusty debugging java.

Thanks,

Kirby

An update… I had been running Concierge on a Raspberry PI 3. It sometimes worked… On the theory that there are problems with the PI, I loaded and configured Concierge on a Windows 10 laptop. The Google Home commands (Google turn on Kitchen) are working (now). Of course, they HAD sometimes worked on the PI. I’ll let this run a couple days and see if it continues to run (or not). Ultimately, I’d really like the PI to do this job. I really hate to dedicate a windows machine to doing this simple task.

Thanks,

Kirby

Sorry, I don’t mean to fill up the forum with additional posts… here’s a trace of a successful “Google turn on Office” command:

Feb 13, 2018 8:56:10 AM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:12
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:23 AM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:28 AM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:29 AM I:SmartHome:Execute:Request:{“ids”:[“45005839-Switch-153”],“actions”:[{“command”:“action.devices.commands.OnOff”,“params”:{“on”:true}}]}
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:29 AM V:VeraService:Cmds:lu_action&DeviceNum=153&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:29 AM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:https://vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com/relay/relay/relay/device/45005839/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=153&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:29 AM I:SmartHome:Execute:Result:[{“ids”:[“45005839-Switch-153”],“status”:“SUCCESS”}]
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:29 AM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/SHExecute?Serial=45005839&Data=eyJpZHMiOlsiNDUwMDU4MzktU3dpdGNoLTE1MyJdLCJhY3Rpb25zIjpbeyJjb21tYW5kIjoiYWN0aW9uLmRldmljZXMuY29tbWFuZHMuT25PZmYiLCJwYXJhbXMiOnsib24iOnRydWV9fV19
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:30 AM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:https://vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com/relay/relay/relay/device/45005839/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=533139291&LoadTime=1518533139
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:31 AM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:3
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:32 AM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.0.7/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=533124053&LoadTime=1518533124
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:32 AM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:2
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:32 AM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.0.8/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=533124077&LoadTime=1518533124
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:32 AM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:5
Feb 13, 2018 8:56:33 AM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?

Side note, I have two ‘slave’ Vera unit’s that are part of the master Vera. Is there any way to turn off (mask) detection/awareness of the slave Vera units?

Thank you,

Kirby

does the ras pi 3 do wifi or lan?

and does all the controllers show up under Vera Devices

if so does all three have require(“ConciergeServer”) in the start up Lua (probly irrelevant but)