I think I accidentally excluded a device

I was trying to add a new sensor yesterday and needed to go through a few iterations of add/retry. A couple times in the process I took the sensor downstairs to where my VeraPlus is. I must have turned on the basement lights while Vera was in exclusion mode without thinking, because I realized today that the basement light switch, a GE/Jasco Z-Wave switch, is completely gone from Vera. I restored the backup from before I screwed up, including restoring the Z-Wave network, but now the device is unreachable. Is there any way to get it back without deleting it and adding it as a new device? I have a lot of scenes that involve this switch.

Well you’ll probably have to re-include the device (just makes sure to factory restore it before). A work around to make all your scenes to work is to follow this forums here. It pretty much replaces the device ID with the old one so no scenes etc. have to be updated!

Thanks, I’ll give that altid method a try!

I’m guessing the ZWave ID will still be different? I have a couple places in code where I use that, but those won’t be too hard to change.

I wouldn’t know for sure as I’ve never used this way! Maybe @rafale77 could provide some insight

Yes the altid=zwave node number will still change and you will need to make changes if you use it as a device identifier. Normally you should only be using the “id” number which can be changed for the newly reincluded device.

Thanks you two, it worked perfectly!

@rafale77 The luup code I have that directly calls a Zwave senddata command to send all-off or all-on to that device doesn’t work any more, but it’s possible that isn’t a new thing, as I haven’t used those scenes for a while.