Iblinds back on kickstarter - $60/existing 2" horizontal blind

I’m not associated, but I just backed them for 1. Dec 2016 delivery. $60 +$5 US delivery with option to buy more. They are about %50 funded with 2 weeks to go. They failed to fund before. Take a look and see if this is right for you.

[url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iblinds/iblinds-make-your-existing-blinds-intelligent]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iblinds/iblinds-make-your-existing-blinds-intelligent[/url]

I just bought to support also. More people should be getting in on this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Personally I think the MySmartBlinds are better even though they are a bit more expensive and Bluetooth, they have a local override (you an still use the wand/cord to tilt) they also have a local wall button you can add on. I was going to ping them about possible Vera Plus integration with Bluetooth or Wifi.

I just got mine, and was hoping to try them out this weekend. I didn’t need strict integration with Vera for the room these are in so Vera integration wasn’t my top priority.

I think MySmartBlinds is a more polished and feature rich product, but it’s twice the price. If they were the same price, I would put in an order at MySmartBlinds today :slight_smile:

[quote=“shallowearth”]Personally I think the MySmartBlinds are better even though they are a bit more expensive and Bluetooth, they have a local override (you an still use the wand/cord to tilt) they also have a local wall button you can add on. I was going to ping them about possible Vera Plus integration with Bluetooth or Wifi.

I just got mine, and was hoping to try them out this weekend. I didn’t need strict integration with Vera for the room these are in so Vera integration wasn’t my top priority.[/quote]
I wonder if the vera plus will see this on its bluetooth radio?

Just got MySmartBlinds up and running, was pretty easy, and their app does the basics that I needed. Solar panel even seems to be doing it job even here in the northwest. I like that they have a local manual Contol, but I think I will get one of their wall buttons since I have to sync two together, and don’t want folks to have to use an app or try to adjust both side manually.

I asked the company if they plan to support the Vera plus, will let you know what I find out. I haven’t pulled my Vera plus out of the box yet to try it.

[quote=“shallowearth”]Just got MySmartBlinds up and running, was pretty easy, and their app does the basics that I needed. Solar panel even seems to be doing it job even here in the northwest. I like that they have a local manual Contol, but I think I will get one of their wall buttons since I have to sync two together, and don’t want folks to have to use an app or try to adjust both side manually.

I asked the company if they plan to support the Vera plus, will let you know what I find out. I haven’t pulled my Vera plus out of the box yet to try it.[/quote]
Please do let us know about the vera plus.

Update: This was not funded; but they sent a message out indicating they have other investors in play and things are happening… wait and see

With only 3 days remaining, we would like to take this opportunity to say "thank you" to our community of loyal backers!

Your support has meant the world to us!

There are some great things going on behind the scene of this extraordinary product. We have an “angel” investor (venture capitalist) to assist in making this product a reality, access to one of the top packaging and distribution companies in the world and one of our nation?s top retailers interested in this product!

Big things are going on??.

Please help us to continue to spread the word that we need our community?s support like never before.

Stay tuned for future plans and updates.

As always, thank you for your support!

The iBlinds Team

Been a couple of months, any luck with Vera integration?

MySmartBlinds do not work with the Vera Plus, and I was unable to get them to respond about any planned integration (with anyone for that matter).

I just want to say I welcome anyone trying to bring to market more ZWave devices, especially window covering related ones. But I am really shying away from anything crowdfunded. Not because I have be burned before, but because I know they aren’t really inventing anything and some of the ideas they do have would have existed in the market already if they really worked. Also be aware you are testing a knock-off product made overseas, it won’t have the years of R&D and time-tested positive experiences from past customers.

I can respect your reasons and agree with them but my main reason is actually the opposite :)…

I now stay far from these because I’ve seen VERY FEW crowdfunded products come in anywhere close to on time or with the functionality promised. I don’t mind someone trying to make something brand new, or as you stated not new - but improve on a design or function. I just have not seen any crowdfunded products do this properly.

I think most of the people running these operations don’t really have the skills that are needed to make them come in on-time and as function promised.

A good example of something similar - in a different genre - is my very small room remodel at my home. It is only 130sqft space where we are tearing out a closet & flooring, and adding some minor electrical, plumbing a new sink, and installing new tile flooring. SUPER basic as far as remodel goes. It is a 64 hours worth of work (construction time that is about 2 people for 4 business/work days). Will be complete today, on work day 10 - and we have only run into about 2 hours of additional work due to unexpected things popping up in the walls which were super easy to resolve.

Things like this happen, just like the problems with crowdedfunded people, due to poor or lack of planning…
Forgetting tools, not buying proper materials for the job when they are needed, wasting time running to/from store, distractions from other jobs/calls/etc, and sometimes just not thinking things through when you run into something unexpected and having to redo them several times, not properly managing your workers/helpers, etc.

They are back - $65 Pre Order [url=https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iblinds-make-existing-window-blinds-smart/coming_soon#/]iblinds: Make Existing Window Blinds Smart | Indiegogo

iblinds are now shipping, install went smooth but it won’t show up in the Manage Alexa drop down. Any ideas?

iBlinds are installed and working great within Vera, but they don’t show up in the Manage Alexa dialog box. I even tried setting up a Scene within Vera, which works fine and shows up in the Manage Alexa box, but is ignored by Alexa. Is there a solution?

BTW, you can now find the Z-wave controlled blinds here: https://myiblinds.com/

iBlinds installed easily with Vera. While it still doesn’t work with Alexa, it does work with Google Home. The only issue is Google lists the blinds as a switch with On and Off instead of Open and Close. You can set a percentage, i.e., “Open blinds 60-percent.”