iBlinds with Vera & Alexa

Anybody else using iBlinds (www.myiblinds.com)? They’re Zwave-based and integrate well with Vera. I can program my blinds to open and close at various times of the day and with various weather conditions (using Reactor app).

The problem is with Alexa integration. Under “Manage Alexa,” my blinds are not listed under devices, so I can’t add a check mark to add them to Alexa.

With “Manage Google Home,” however, my blinds are listed as devices under “Window Coverings.” Using Google Home, I can open, close, and set a percentage, i.e., “Open blinds 60%”).

With Alexa, I get nothing. “Alexa doesn’t support that.”

Hi,

I have the same with Alexa so I created scenes to open/close. However, as it is a bit odd to say “Alexa, turn on open curtains” i added two routines (Open curtains and close curtains that will run the respective scenes) in the Alexa app so i can just say “Alexa, open curtains”.

So bit of a detour, but same effect. Except for being able to set them at any percentage of course.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

we’re really far behing Alexa’s capabilities with the current Alexa plugin. I suggest you to look at homeassistant if you want 100% support, or write to support to urge them to add more devices, since wer’re 1 or 2 years behind. the solution proposed by @reneboer works 100% and that’s what I’m using as well.

1 Like

© 2019 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy