If I'm buying new hot tub equipment, what should I get for Vera integration?

Hi!

We moved into a house that has an awesome old hot tub in a sunroom outside our bedroom. The prior owners just said “oh yeah, the heater doesn’t work” and left it at that (hot tub’s currently empty). We are imagining we’re going to have to replace all the old 1970s-ish spa controls, which are outside the house in a closet.

So I’m imagining since I get to start from scratch (depending on cost of course, we just bought a house and so ouch, my wallet)… what sort of spa control system should I be looking at, to integrate with Vera? At minimum I’d want it to turn on/off the heater, so I could have it hot when I wanted.

But can other stuff be monitored too, like the chemical levels or ionizing system or whatever will end up in there? Forgive my ignorance but I haven’t done much research yet, just wondering what other people are using that’s integrated with Vera.

Thanks!

[quote=“B, post:1, topic:198439”]Hi!

We moved into a house that has an awesome old hot tub in a sunroom outside our bedroom. The prior owners just said “oh yeah, the heater doesn’t work” and left it at that (hot tub’s currently empty). We are imagining we’re going to have to replace all the old 1970s-ish spa controls, which are outside the house in a closet.

So I’m imagining since I get to start from scratch (depending on cost of course, we just bought a house and so ouch, my wallet)… what sort of spa control system should I be looking at, to integrate with Vera? At minimum I’d want it to turn on/off the heater, so I could have it hot when I wanted.

But can other stuff be monitored too, like the chemical levels or ionizing system or whatever will end up in there? Forgive my ignorance but I haven’t done much research yet, just wondering what other people are using that’s integrated with Vera.

Thanks![/quote]

Sorry for the late reply.

I assume you have a Vera already?
I’d get Pentair replacement equipment and use the Pentair Pool Plugin to connect to Vera using an Autelis Pool Control. You can monitor and control salt levels if you use a salt water chlorine generator but I’d stick with testing chemicals by good old fashioned tritration methods.

Their website says they’re store is down and I confirmed that you can actually order via email until it is fixed.