IFTTT

What is everyone doing to get IFTTT integration (getting a Wink or Smartthings as secondary seems the easiest)?

I would be off Vera in a heartbeat if either of them could get local functions working (I hate the everything is cloud crap), as all forward progress is down to zero.

[quote=“rwalker, post:1, topic:189451”]What is everyone doing to get IFTTT integration (getting a Wink or Smartthings as secondary seems the easiest)?

I would be off Vera in a heartbeat if either of them could get local functions working (I hate the everything is cloud crap), as all forward progress is down to zero.[/quote]

you hate ‘cloud crap’ but you want IFTTT … you seem to have directly conflicting comments.

I don’t use IFTTT (I tried a few times for different things) because I found it was slow/unreliable for integration with HA.

Nice mis-quote… problem I see with Smartthings and Wink is “everything is in the cloud”, even local commands that shouldn’t be. IFTTT has to be web based by it’s nature.

Would appreciate any feedback from users of IFTTT.

GetVera has been trying to get IFTTT to cooperate to provide IFTTT support for Vera. It seems IFTTT is dragging it’s heels on that.

Not that I am interested as I like my HA to be WAN independent. Case in point: Someone got careless last night and rammed the power/cable pole on the road behind me, snapped it clean off and took out my internet for the better part of 4 hours. I would hate to have important scenes depending on eg IFTTT trying to run during that time.

Seems nobody else has issues with IFTTT. I doubt it’s them dragging their feet for 2 years.

Get a HUB2 and link it Vera via the App. I don’t know about IFTTT but i do know that the Wink makes-up for all the shortcoming in Vera. I put the stuff i want to control with Alexa on the wink hub and the devices show up in Vera like they were native; even imperihome sees them. IFTTT works good with the wink hub - get it! But be advised, you’ll be tempted to move EVERY THINK to wink! :slight_smile: BTW, it has local control (no internet) of lights and switches; this i know from experience.

Already one step ahead of you. I love my Wink 2. It’s just sad I may move away from Vera.

Then we have the IFTTT Beta, great news! I really enjoy using IFTTT for Android, Amazon, Google Home and for Philips Hue. For Wink Relay does not work very well.

Just read this on Facebook. Good news, but way over due.

I am testing IFTTT at the request of MIOS, working for some well: Google Home, Wink Spotter, android, WU, Date & Time, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, mainly
for on / off, but for scenes not very well.