Ikea Tradfri smart light system

Cheers!
Now as the IKEA Tradfri smart lights is released with their own gateway, is there a plugin under development for the Vera to interoperate with the IKEA gateway?

The system is very pricey compared to philips hue, and as I have a Vera and considering to buy a system with some kind of bulbs this would be very interesting.

I have 2 bulbs, a remote and the gateway but i cant get it to work with my Vera plus. They dont use the same Zigbee protocol i think.

Skickat fr?n min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

For what I’ve seen surfing the net, they uses different versions of the Zigbee protocol. Vera uses ZHA and IKEA ZLL, (also Philips HUE uses ZLL for example)

What we need is a plugin for Vera to communicate with the IKEA gateway, not operate the bulbs by itself.

IKEA announces they’ll add support for Homekit, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa; coming this fall.
Only Vera left :wink:

ZLL is a subset of ZHA, they aren’t different versions as such and in theory Vera should automatically support ZLL.

Of course, nobody ever seems to quite meet the specifications ::slight_smile:

I have Vera supporting Hue. I’ve just added TradFri. If both Hue and Tradfri are using the same protocol, should I be able to tell Vera to recognize the Ikea system?

How?

Thanks.

I have Ikea Tradfri Gateway , Raspberry Pi and Vera.
With python pytradfri class I can easily control my lighting from Raspberry Pi.
Maybe we can make a Vera’s virtual device and just run remotely a script on Raspberry Pi?

Anyone who has been able to control tradfri from Vera?

[quote=“macphd, post:6, topic:196215”]I have Vera supporting Hue. I’ve just added TradFri. If both Hue and Tradfri are using the same protocol, should I be able to tell Vera to recognize the Ikea system?

How?

Thanks.[/quote]

Yes, and no… Tradfri and Hue uses the same protocol, but interoperability between them ain’t supported at the moment.
IKEA is working towards HUE/Tradfri working together in a future update. Expected to be launched this fall together with support for Homekit, Alexa and Google Assistant.

You can now connect ikea tradfri bulbs to an existing Philips hue hub.

Some sort of link to the details would be helpful

Here are some links:

Has anyone successfully managed to control Tradfri bulbs in Vera via a Hue hub? I have a Tradfri bulb added to my Hue bridge and everything is working fine in the Hue app but the bulb does not show up in Vera UI7 like the rest of my Hue bulbs do. Is there a reason for this?

Hi, I have also just added two Ikea bulbs(latest FW) to my Hue bridge, works very good. But they don’t show up in Vera as devices, I can only see them in the advance tab for the Hue plugin device and operate all via hue scenes, but I cannot get them up as standalone devices. I read somewhere that this is because the hue plugin checks the manufacturer of the device or something. Anyone else that have some input to this? Or even a fix?

same problem here, added 2 Tradfro GU10 light to mine Hue-hub. works fine with the hue app. But they don’t show up in Vera :frowning:

About same issue here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12536.msg330549.html#msg330549
Maybe if we are more a solution will be found.

A solution for using IKEA cheap light remote to control Vera scenes would be great. Would be cheaper than any z-wave switch or philips hue switch.

Now Ikea Tradfri smart light system support HomeKit and Alexa. It will be great to control it with Vera.

No progress here yet? An update of the Hue plugin to include these lights in Vera would be very appreciated!

Same problem here, ikea lights are visible and controllable in the hue app. Vera is not showing them