Impulse Switch Definition

There is a few types of components defined by the plugin, “Switch”, “Dimmer” and so on. Is it possible to add one to the list?

All light switches report to the RFX with its unique ID, and the parameter “ON” or “OFF”, and they are recieved as such regardless of the switch state as they are impulse switches to begin with…

If there was a device definition called “Impulse Switch” that created two devices, one responding to “ON”, and the other to “OFF”, then the use of these switches would be much more versatile.

Mabye not as versatile as the Z-Wave version that separates single and double clicks, but you could use them as scene triggers, which is a big thing…

Sorry for such a delayed reply to your post. I’m not sure what you mean by an ‘impulse’ switch. Is it like a switch with one button that when clicked toggles the state of the device from On to Off or Off to On?

^^^
I believe it refers to spring loaded momentary switch or bell push
Certainly would be helpful it it isn’t already available.

The current version of the plugin has a device you can create called a Sonoff Smart Switch. Attached is an update to the JSON file for this device. If you have version 1.50 or later of the plugin, upload the attached file then create one of these devices. You can select any Id and unit code since this will be a dummy device. After the device is created you can create scenes to be triggered whenever this device is turned on or off. The device UI has a toggle button which will toggle the state of the device on to off or off to on.

Zedrally is correct, I want to be able to treat the individual buttons on i.e. a nexa switch as separate momentary/bell push switches.

The Nexa has (a double set of) 2 momentary buttons, which is sent as “DevID:ON” and “DevID:OFF”.

The “Switch” component we use today keeps the state that was last recieved on that DevID, and ignores if “DevID-ON” is repeated when it already is ON.

What I want is for these two buttons to be registered as separate “triggers”, with i.e. a fixed “ON” time interval. Lets say the button stays “ON” for 0.5 secs for every time the button is pushed.

Hope thats more clear, its not that easy to explain. :slight_smile: Ideally, my double nexa switch would be able to trigger four different scenes. :slight_smile: