including HomeSeer Leak Sensor HS-LS100+

I’ve included a HomeSeer Leak Sensor HS-LS100+ using generic and it comes in as 5 devices. One I Named at inclusion, one temp sensor, and three motion sensors.

Is there a better/closer device to choose than generic?

I’ve tried a FIBARO zw3 with the same outcome.

I wanted to try the HomeSeer - and it has multiple sensors - but I have stayed with the Dome Leak Sensors so far.

I’m wondering if I can change the device_file and device_json to “D_FloodSensor1.xml”

is that sort of thing doable?

Right now it says “D_GenericIO1.xml”

I installed an Aeotec without issue and it works as desired.

I opened a ticket with HomeSeer and the basically said it’s a vera problem.

Can you change a device type once it’s been included?

I’m wondering if I can change the device_file and device_json to “D_FloodSensor1.xml” ?

so the answer is yes, you can just replace the type and file name.

device type urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:FloodSensor:1

device_file D_FloodSensor1.xml

device_json D_FloodSensor1.json

and it works as a leak sensor

[quote=“RV, post:6, topic:198572”]so the answer is yes, you can just replace the type and file name.

and it works as a leak sensor[/quote]

And I assume the other sensors are not recognized?

the others are recognized as 4 separate sensors. 5 total
the temp wasn’t modified and is working
the 3 motion (x/y/z axis maybe?) weren’t modified and may be working, they have an armed disarmed state. I haven’t tried shaking it yet.
the leak was the only thing modified and is working as desired.

it was $19 open box so I’m happy with it now.
new it is about $5 less than the FIBARO Flood Sensor ZW3, Dome, and Aeon new.

If I buy additional sensors I’d probably buy the FIBARO (if they include correctly, don’t know)

the Aeon leak sensor installed without issue as only 1 device. which is its only function. which is where I found the the 3 setting

Just bought myself a large number of the Homeseer HS-LS-100+ and I’m having real trouble making them behave normally in Vera. First of all, they get added as 5 devices (3 motion sensors – why?), a temp sensor, and a water sensor. Second, no native Vera support (is this a Vera vs. Homeseer thing?). Finally, even though I changed the device type, file, and json on the flood sensor to the values above, when the water sensor is in armed state, it does not seem to trigger in vera. Plus, I dont want the motion sensors. Why do I need motion sensors on a fixed, stationary flood sensor?

I may just return these. I’ve had excellent luck with dozens of the Aeotec old model flood sensor which unfortunately no longer are made. And Homeseer dimmers and switches have been rock solid for me in the past. But this water sensor seems like it’s not well made to work w/ Vera.

I think it shares a large part of its guts w/ the Fibaro flood sensor which I think has similar Vera issues

Anyway sorry to resurrect an old thread. If anyone has figured this out, please let me know. I also have opened a ticket w/ Homeseer but i’m doubtful they can do anything.

the motion sensors are so you know when rats or raccoons are playing hockey with it or it’s floating away.

I’ve ordered 2 more of these open box and they seem to work fine after changing the json and xml files.

I think I deleted the motion devices the first time but i did keep the temp.

as for why they are not listed as a “HS-LS100 leak sensor” I can’t say, but I wish there were.
Maybe the new owners of Vera will have them added.

actually, I just added one to Vera and after changing the xml and json files the motion sensors disappeared but do seem to trigger it.

I purchased and included the Fibaro FGFS-101 Gen5 flood sensors two years ago. They also have included temperature sensors but the only motion detection I get is an alarm (audible and through Vera) when they are moved (so called tamper detection, though that detection comes through the flood senor device; in other words, it is not listed as a separate device). These flood sensors work great and will shut off my water when placed in a scene with a Fortrezz water valve. If I remember correctly I had to decrease their polling to increase their battery life, but other than that, I have been very pleased on how they perform with my Vera Plus.