InfluxDBRelay not found,

Hello,

Little intro:
I have 2 VeraPlus devices. The first one is the ‘steady live’ unit. The second one is a replaced unit for a bricked VeraPlus, I use the second one only for some testing. After some years I want a stable soloution. Bridging 2 VeraPlus devices? Hmmm. Don’t like the idea. The live VeraPlus is working with 168 devices. ( Zwave devices, some virtual, some added trough Hue, Powermax, Netatmo, Opentherm Gateway). This is why I have many problems with the memory. Stability issues and update problems (not enough space left) And so on… After reading some things about OpenLuup I was willing to gif it a try. I bought the third Raspberry Pi3+ and installed Openluup. Thank you for Openluup and AltUI. A great way to leave the memory troubles behind!! (that’s what I think, and hope). Before deleting something from the VeraPlus devices and let them act as a Z-wave bridge, I want to get to know more about AltUI and the use off OpenLuup. The system reacts in a great way! For now I just struggle with some plugin installation problems:
END Intro

I have a some more Raspberry Pi3’s working, and one is in use for Grafana. I would like to delete the Veraflux plugin from the Veraplus, so I read about the possibility to use the build-in option in Openluup to push data trought Influx. I have added 2 lines to the startup Lua.

luup.attr_set ("openLuup.Databases.Influx", "192.168.2.158:8086")
luup.attr_set ("openLuup.Historian.Directory","home/pi/history/")

When I restart the unit and look at a device-variable I can only choose: Emoncms, Vera@IP,IFTTT and Thingspeak.
I can’t get Influx show up.

When I read the startup log I found some info:

'2019-05-04 08:46:43.417   openLuup.init:: running _openLuup_STARTUP_
2019-05-04 08:46:43.418   openLuup.context_switch::  ERROR: [string "_openLuup_STARTUP_"]:4: module 'InfluxDBRelay' not found:
	no field package.preload['InfluxDBRelay']
	no file './InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay/init.lua'
	no file '../cmh-lu/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file 'files/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file 'openLuup/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file './InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
2019-05-04 08:46:43.418   _openLuup_STARTUP_:: ERROR: [string "_openLuup_STARTUP_"]:4: module 'InfluxDBRelay' not found:
	no field package.preload['InfluxDBRelay']
	no file './InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay/init.lua'
	no file '../cmh-lu/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file 'files/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file 'openLuup/InfluxDBRelay.lua'
	no file './InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/InfluxDBRelay.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
2019-05-04 08:46:43.418   openLuup.init:: init phase completed

But when I look into the directory’s I cant find those folders.
It looks like I miss the InfluxDBRelay, or it can be found on a another place inside te Raspberry Pi.
Can someone give me something to put me in the right direction?

Hi there.

Your plan sounds good, but you are confusing two things:

1. AltUI’s Data Storage Provider functionality, which allows you to select individual variables and push them to various databases. When running under openLuup, the default choices of Emoncms, IFTTT, and Thingspeak, may be extended to include any bridged Veras (for mirroring variables back) and also InfluxDB and Graphite databases.
  2. openLuup’s built-in Historian which, if enabled, stores almost all of your significant variables on disk , can also pass all those variables to eternal databases, including InfluxDB.

Which choice you use (and you can enable both) depends on whether you want InfluxDB to store just a few variables or lots of them. If you have a lot of variables, then configuring them all individually with option #1 can be a bit of a pain. Option #2 is almost entirely configuration-free.

Which version of openLuup are you running? The syntax openLuup.Databases.Influx is outdated and should be openLuup.DataStorageProvider.Influx.

The second line of your Startup Lua enables the Historian, and you should be able to see statistics and plots using the relevant menu items on the Console pages. I’m unable to diagnose the error message fully without looking at the rest of your Startup Lua, but it seems as though you have tried to require a missing module InfluxDBRelay.

akbooer,

I apologize for the late response!

I found out that I had made an error in the startup script.
That’s why I had a ‘influxDBRelay not found’ error.

Its true. i mixed up two things, Thats why I made some mistakes.
After some testing and getting to know OpenLuup as system I decided to keep using VeraFlux on both VeraPlus systems. I want to keep the shortest route to grafana for the data.

I will continue testing the OpenLuup system to connect both VeraPlus Devices.

Thanks!

André