iNovelli RED dimmer switch "purging associations" error, dropping and then responding again

I’ve added the new inovelli red dimmer and while it added quickly as generic and works fine it drops in and out with a “device not responding” and “device responding again” and has a constant “purging associations” error on the dashboard.

1 Like

any ideas on how to resolve either issue would be welcomed?

I have been experiencing the same.
Any Plans for Vera to support Inovelli devices in the future, or is it time to move on?

wake up vera

Vera… Any update to Inovelli support? They indicated in their forums the ball is in your court now as they have sent samples over to Ezlo.

1 Like

Vera. add it to the new firmware.

Vera, inovelli works just fine on the other HA platforms, what’s your excuse?

1 Like

With the latest firmware update the inovelli switches no longer show the purging associations error. However, Vera seems to be out of sync with the dimmer quite often. Vera does not appear to pick up the status of the dimmer, but can control it.
Still appears that Vera is not supporting scene control with these dimmers and switches.

I just upgraded and it does seem like the error message as cleared. In my limited testing so far, my system does seem to pick up the status instantly in the 2 cases I tested. I have not tested scene control or any other functions yet.

Were you also getting “device not responding” and “device responding again” alerts?
And if so, have they stopped?
I had to disable the “device not responding” and “device responding again” notifications.

Unfortunately after further testing, I am still having issues with the device not responding nor responding to polls/reconfiguration. So I would say the problems have not been resolved and the Inovelli is not yet compatible.

1 Like

I just installed one and having the same “purging association” error. UGGGG!

2 Likes

Same problem here, I guess I just joined the purging associations committe.

Bought a couple more during the black friday sale.
1 on/off
1 dimmer
I also received a couple of gen 2 replacement on/off switches for failed gen 1 switches

so the on/off switches got over the “purging” message (1 after a few hours, one after removing and re-adding it)

for the two dimmers, one got over the purge message fairly quickly and one still has it after a week.

Vera, these are one of the least expensive switches out there and one of the few that work without a neutral wire which is why people are buying them.

Vera, You guys need to get off your asses and fix the issues in your software with these switches.

I’m returning the Inovelli ‘red’ dimmers I purchased. They do NOT work with Vera, and their customer service is non existent.

Has anyone had any luck with the ‘black’ dimmers from Inovelli?

I have black and red, dimmers and on/off, both do the same stuff…

However, after a few days the “purging associations” goes away.
This may be due to the last firmware for vera.

The dimmers do take about 15 seconds to light up. This is a inovelli issue.
If I want them on I tell alexa to turn them on when I start walking that direction.

I still have notifications turned off so I don’t know if they are still getting “device not responding” and “device responding again” alerts.

Hey
I just bought the red series , working with latest vera plus release. Everything seemed to work well with alexa integration but after 2 days it seemed to not work with alexa anymore. ALEXA APP updates the status on and off almost immediately after touching it, but is unresponsive if I use the app or voice. Are you having any issues like this?