Install Tado plugin

Any update? Did you make any progress?

Sorry, I’m moving all my stuff away from my Vera/luup world. I’m still using my Vera Plus, but it’s just a decoupled ZWave hub with no logic on it, beside some very trivial things. I’m also integrating Home Assistant into my existing flow, plus Multi System Reactor and a lot of things based on MQTT. So, while I’ll maintain the existing Vera plugins, I’ll not develop new ones.

Ah ok, that’s a pity. What will you be using as z-wave platform then?

I’m going to phase out my Vera too, but not openluup. I’m also thinking of setting up Home Assistant. That would give me integration for Tado too.

I’ll probably go for ZWaveJS via MSR. Right now my Vera is very stable, since it’s only used my MSR to push everything to MQTT, and I have my own code (in C#) doing some logic, where Multi System Reactor cannot do it. I’m routing status from HA to Vera, to update virtual devices, and then have MSR do some logic to do the opposite (ie: update virtual device in HA to feed the energy dashboard). So far, all is good and I have the best part of both orchestrated in my own engine, thanks to MQTT and MSR.
if you are using openluup, go for it. just add virtual devices and map the calls. openluup recently got its mqtt broker, so it should be quite easy to do.

Thanks for the info. I’m not familiar with MQTT, only know what it is. I will be moving to z-way in the coming future and Home assistant, will see how that works out.

@RHCPNG Hi There, what is the exact device you have, and is it still available on the market ?

@osman it’s the Tado heating system, widely available yes. Thermostat and radiator valves.

@RHCPNG Ok I am adding it as a request to be integrated to our system. Since it is a cloud service, it will be integrated as a service (with our NuCAL integration, we are about to launch it.) I will keep you informed about the process.

Ok, good to know. Thanks!

1 Like