Invitation to VeraMobile Android (Beta) Discussions

I suppose I could create a no-notifications type of basic user for my young kids.

Second suggestion is when I enable geofence, why do I only get the options of arm/disarm for security sensors? I’d like to have the option of “no change” included or have the option to disable sensor arming associated with geofence. Geofence alone isn’t good enough to know when someone is home because it requires a device to be carried at all times (costly and not feasible with young kids). This also has to be a registered device (not feasible with extended relatives staying). I use the combination of motion, device ping, and now geofence to determine if someone is home or not. Only when all fail to register within x minutes, I then arm my sensors.

I like how the geofencing is working right now with the Android app, my wife’s iOS version wasn’t updating as of this morning. For Android, it’s been working flawless for the past 48 hours or so.

Unfortunately it’s still useless for me to use this app as my primary application on my phone. I have a LOT of devices, probably over 150 in 21 rooms and that doesn’t include a bunch of scenes. The amount of scrolling is crazy. Imperihome isn’t great with it, but at least it’s left/right for rooms make it somewhat bearable. Also, I’d prefer to have scenes and devices together which would only compound Vera’s apps issues with scrolling. Having to go through a separate menu to turn 3 lights on at once instead an individual light on just adds to the “this isn’t saving me time or effort” feeling and increases my “my wife isn’t going to use this” sense.

OMG I’ve had issues with geofencing since day one and then all of a sudden it’s been working perfectly for the last week. Didn’t realize it got updated until I seen this discussion. Thank You!

It seems that when my phone or the app gets updated, then the geofencing stops working because the app is closed. I have to reopen the app for it to work. I wish the app would autostart the geofencing service. My wife and kids don’t usually use the app and I’d like for it to essentially be transparent for them while keeping the geofencing functioning.

Second, it seems when I start the app in a separate location from when it closed down it won’t reapply the correct geofence location. For instance if my phone gets updated at night while on the charger and then I don’t notice it until I’m at work, the app will still continue to register me as at home.

Hi,

Is there any way to change alarm notification sound and duration. For example fire alarm goes off, i just don’t want android just to do one “dong” ?

[quote=“ivx”]Hi,

Is there any way to change alarm notification sound and duration. For example fire alarm goes off, i just don’t want android just to do one “dong” ?[/quote]Apps that don’t have custom notification sounds coded in leverage the notification system of Android. So without Vera adding this into the app you are stuck with whatever you have set for default sounds on the phone.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk