Invitation to VeraMobile iOS Beta

Let me start by thanking the passionate, dedicated and committed people who will be willing to do the hard work and sprint with us to build something important for our community and it’s users.

The VeraMobile Beta app is where we test our newest features and app updates. The VeraMobile Beta app functions just like the normal VeraMobile app, but you also get to help us hunt bugs, improve usability, and try features before public release.

Release Notes 3.18(30)

Major improvements and bug fixing for the new VERA iOS Application - 3.18(30)
The efforts were concentrated on improvement and stabilization.

One change to note is that enrollment for the Beta version of Vera Sentinel and Vera Protect is now closed. These services will be made available again in a general release in the near future.

As noted above, this is a major release that includes bug fixes and improvements to all areas of the app and will result in a more stable app with improved functionality.

The top fixes include:

– Stabilized pairing wizard
– Stabilized and improved flows for adding new devices, rooms, and scenes
– Improved camera streaming
– Added ability to remove snapshots and recordings and delete Hot Zones
– Eliminated many known issues to improve the overall user experience

Please note that many changes were also implemented in the backend. These changes will improve the user experience but may result in errors for those using older versions of the app. Because of this, we recommend updating to v 3.18(30) as soon as possible.

You can enroll in our beta program at the following link https://us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=ac78fb944aeae20acd80c2407&id=e24829dc39

As always, the feedback we receive for our BETA app, from our users is highly appreciated, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you!

Hi. I have been testing the app since a couple of days now, and so far I am happy with it. The issues that I have expercienced previously with remote control (outside of the local network) seems to be rectified.
The only thing I am still struggling with sometimes is the (controller busy updating data) message which might have to do with my setup in particular (not sure though). Also if I could suggest having a (network refresh button or slide action) might help resolve such issues.

Thank you for your efforts and support.

The app works great and I’m happy with it so far, I get that this is a beta and there is new infra etc behind this, but I’m seeing a minimum of 30min lag in iOS notifications being sent after events occur … If I get them at all!

At first I wasn’t bothered but now it’s getting into deal breaker territory for me, I need the iOS notifications to be sent in a timely fashion or I’ll be bailing on the beta, sorry but I rely on them for too many things to ignore it any longer.

:frowning:

[quote=“dJOS, post:3, topic:200213”]The app works great and I’m happy with it so far, I get that this is a beta and there is new infra etc behind this, but I’m seeing a minimum of 30min lag in iOS notifications being sent after events occur … If I get them at all!

At first I wasn’t bothered but now it’s getting into deal breaker territory for me, I need the iOS notifications to be sent in a timely fashion or I’ll be bailing on the beta, sorry but I rely on them for too many things to ignore it any longer.

:([/quote]

Ok, This did seem to be improving, notification delays were down to ~5mins … but now they are back out to 30 min minimum delays. :-[

Hello guys, notifications delays have been related to some server-side issues rather than the app.

We’re so sorry about that but everything should be back on track now.

[quote=“Sorin, post:5, topic:200213”]Hello guys, notifications delays have been related to some server-side issues rather than the app.

We’re so sorry about that but everything should be back on track now.[/quote]

Thanks Sorin, aside from that the beta is going well, connection to the servers is much faster now. Although if still like to see a spinning indicator before the app let’s you interact with it. My wife frequently tries to change things before the connection is complete and the app has discovered Device states.

There is still a lot of re-architecting going on the cloud side. We really hope for minimal impact as best as possible.

Thanks, dJOS.

[quote=“dJOS, post:6, topic:200213”][quote=“Sorin, post:5, topic:200213”]Hello guys, notifications delays have been related to some server-side issues rather than the app.

Thanks Sorin, aside from that the beta is going well, connection to the servers is much faster now. Although if still like to see a spinning indicator before the app let’s you interact with it. My wife frequently tries to change things before the connection is complete and the app has discovered Device states.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote=“Sorin, post:5, topic:200213”]Hello guys, notifications delays have been related to some server-side issues rather than the app.

Hi Sorin, it’s 8:20 pm AEDST here in Australia and the notifications have been completely MIA all day - and I mean Zero notifications received at all, despite over a dozen events occurring that are configured to generate notifications.

Oh, that doesn’t sound right. I’m checking on that :frowning:

Thanks Sorin.

dJOS, would you please log a ticket with our Customer Care team so we can look into this. It seems to be something very localized and we need more info.

No worries, I’m off to bed and will raise it in the morning.

Hi Sorin, I’m not sure what happened overnight (Aussie time), but today notifications are working perfectly with no delays and I didnt log a support ticket. Whatever it was you guy’s did, im grateful. 8)

dJOS - not related to the mobile apps but certainly affected, the team is also re-architecting the notification modules of the cloud servers, among other things.
We’re working on mitigating this for minimal impact for our users but for short periods of time, issues such as this might occur. We’ll try announcing these things the best we can.

We’re so sorry for the trouble.

We’re proud to announce that our VeraMobile 3.18 iOS is now LIVE.

Major improvements and bug fixing for the new VeraMobile Application - 3.18
The efforts were concentrated on improvement and stabilization.

This is a major release that includes bug fixes and improvements to all areas of the app and will result in a more stable app with improved functionality.

The top fixes include:

[ul][li]-- Stabilized pairing wizard [/li]
[li]-- Stabilized and improved flows for adding new devices, rooms, and scenes[/li]
[li]-- Improved camera streaming[/li]
[li]-- Added ability to remove snapshots and recordings and delete Hot Zones[/li]
[li]-- Eliminated known issues to improve the overall user experience[/li][/ul]

Please note that many changes were also implemented in the backend. These changes will improve the user experience but may result in errors for those using older versions of the app. Because of this, we recommend updating to v3.18 as soon as possible.

As always, the feedback we receive for our app, from our users is highly appreciated, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

We’re grateful for the incredibly insightful input from our community and customers.
Thank you!

Hi, since the update of the IOS app I cannot connect to my Vera. I saw other reviews on the app store mentioning the same problem.
Is it a known issue?

Hi Sorin,
I’m new to Vera and new to the Beta program. I’ve no issues to report with the Beta release, but figured you might appreciate Beta feedback in the context of the whole experience of a new customer. Nothing needs actioning as all issues are resolved.

I installed a brand new Vera Secure about 3 weeks ago, and have added about 20 devices for a mix of automation and security needs. I have about a dozen scenes configured already, and have customized the settings for the four modes.

Initially I had a problem after registering for the Beta program where the Beta version was not made available to me in the app store. I contacted support and they fixed that.

I’ve been using the Beta iOS app for a few days now and I’ve experienced no issues or bugs. App performance has been good. No error messages.

In fact, the app has worked resiliently despite a couple of issues with my controller, which caused problems in the browser dashboard. Those issues were both resolved by support (controller delivered with factory firmware requiring upgrade. camera did not play live after controller upgraded - fixed with camera firmware upgrade).

I posted some feature requests for both the browser and app on the UI thread as I figured they would cloud up a discussion on a beta release aimed at fixing issues.

Your support team are rock stars, promptly addressing everything I have contacted them on. My only question is whether the support is really 24/7 as advertised, as each time I have sent a request on the weekend I have not received a response until Monday morning. No big deal, but it would be useful to have more transparency on support expectations.
Best
Neil

@jssea - we’re so sorry to hear about that. Our Customer Care team should be with you shortly.

@NeilD - The Customer Care team are indeed the unseen heroes around these places but they love to see this kind of feedback. We have two Support offices, one in Colombia, one in Europe and they cover up pretty well 24/7. But with the upcoming holiday seasons, they’ve been in reduced format, especially over the weekend, due to some fun office activities just before the holidays.

[quote=“jssea, post:17, topic:200213”]Hi, since the update of the IOS app I cannot connect to my Vera. I saw other reviews on the app store mentioning the same problem.
Is it a known issue?[/quote]

I am having the same issue. i can connect to only one of my two Veras with the app. the other always throws an error.