IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)

Hello,

I have an HTD whole house audio lync 6 system , it uses a IP to serial gateway (GW-SL1 Smart Gateway) which has a mobile app that can control zones and also via a key pad.

I am trying to figure out how to send serial commands to this device using vera . I have done some research but having no luck . Any help would be great! . It should be quite similar to the Russound RNET

Here is a link to the manual .

http://board.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51412&d=1453083555

I would be interested to know this as well… I have a Lync12 system and am thinking of purchasing the gateway if Vera can control the HTD audio system…

Maybe we can put heads together and figure this out, I have tried a couple things but no luck.

I also have the HTD gateway with a lynx6. I think that the boys over at HTD would be glad to assist in this endevor, since it would have a chance increase their market share. I don’t code, but I can help troubleshoot!

Hi All,

I have one as well and the API, they advised me a few weeks ago that they are starting on a plugin. Its all web based using http, so hopefully an easy intergerated solution, keep your fingers crossed.

T

You could possibly do this using a Raspberry Pi running ser2net.

Ok, very interest. How would that work?

[quote=“Newzwaver, post:5, topic:194587”]Hi All,

I have one as well and the API, they advised me a few weeks ago that they are starting on a plugin. Its all web based using http, so hopefully an easy intergerated solution, keep your fingers crossed.

T[/quote]

That is good news, or at least I hope. I didn’t think to contact them,hacking it seemed more of a fun quest :slight_smile:

The most ideal would simply be to have a plugin that performs the basic functions of turning off/on zones, as well as setting volume level such as a dimmer switch. Ultimately, I want this in turn to be integrated with Alexa /Home kit ( already running a raspberry pi bridge). Would be really nice to say “Alexa turn on zone 1” or "hey “siri, set zone 1 to 50”. Just need to figure out what commands are sent by the valet home/Irule App.

Happy to report I have all zones coming on and all zones turning off using the GW-SL1. I have taken parts from SharpTV, MySensors and the Russsound plugins and should have it all up and running over the next few days. Keep you posted.

This is awesome! I cannot wait! Great job!

Hi

Not sure how much more i will get completed before Xmas however i do have one zone almost fully controllable, power On, No off still working on it, mute working, volume up and volume down working and you can select one of the 6 sources. Hope to fix the off part and move onto the next zone. All on and All off is currently working.

Have a great xmas and keep your finger crossed.

Hi All,

I have a working plugin that works with the MC-66 and MCA-66. It includes volume up/down, mute, on/off each zone and all zones as well as source selection and party mode. I have also setup scenes in Alexa and she controls it was well. If you are interested i can send them to you.

No worry because i am also completing the Lync6/12 and should have it in a few days. It will start with the basic functions as above.

Regards,

Happy new year to you! Thanks for work on this , how do I go about downloading and testing?

[quote=“Newzwaver, post:12, topic:194587”]Hi All,

I have a working plugin that works with the MC-66 and MCA-66. It includes volume up/down, mute, on/off each zone and all zones as well as source selection and party mode. I have also setup scenes in Alexa and she controls it was well. If you are interested i can send them to you.

No worry because i am also completing the Lync6/12 and should have it in a few days. It will start with the basic functions as above.

Regards,[/quote]

What system are you running MC66?

Yes!

I will upload it tonight with instructions on how to install.

Hi All,

You will find attached files, they will create the plugin for vera, save them in a directory on your computer that you can find.

Instructions

1. Go to apps in Vera menu, located on the left side of the screen.
  2. Select development apps, under development apps you will select Luup files.
  3. Go back to the directory on your computer and select the files you downloaded. Select them and drop them into the upload selection (you can’t miss it). Once files are all uploaded, you will see each labeled as done.
  4. Under the same menu development apps select create a device. Under the section Upnp Device Filename enter HTD.xml. Then press the button on the screen create device, wait for a minute or two.
  5. Go to Settings from the menu on the left, select Z-Wave settings, advanced and reload engine. After a few minutes this will make the first device the HTD Controller. If it doesn’t then you need to refresh your screen.
  6. Select the HTD Controller device enter the advanced settings and type in the IP address of your GW-SL1. Make sure the IP address is correct, go out of the device and back in making sure the IP address was saved.
  7. Go to Settings from the menu on the left, select Z-Wave settings, advanced and reload engine. After a few minutes this will create the six zones.
  8. You will have to rename the zones to what you have them named in your app.
  9. When you have confirmed that everything is fully functioning, you may have an error on the controller. No worry enter the HTD Controller device, select advanced, variables and change the CommFailure to 0. It should be 1.
  10. Go to Settings from the menu on the left, select Z-Wave settings, advanced and reload engine. After a few minutes the error will be gone.

This creates a fully functioning plugin with 6 zones. You can also get this to work with your Alexa if you have one. To do so you need to setup a scene, the scene is what Alexa will operate. It can turn zone on/off, volume up/down, mute and etc.
Once completed you will ask Alexa to discover devices and your scene will be totally functioning

I hope this works well for you and give me an update on how you find it.

Great work Newzwaver, …are you sure you are a new zwaver?

Besides there being no attachment to the post , I am currently not in a position to test being away form the controller :frowning:

I will return soon enough.

See I am very new, lol. I will post when I land back home. Very sorry.

As promised please find attached the files required for the MC-66 and MCA-66 via GW-SL1. Good luck and follow the instructions above, if you need help no problem.

COMMING SOON LYNC6 AND 12.