iPhone Battery Life

Not sure if it is connected to installing simple wave and turning on tracking, but my iPhone battery is now only a few hours long instead of 1-2 days per normal use. I did turn on tracking. Could that be responsible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We optimized and minimized battery use with the @Home feature using geofences and accuracy settings based on a person’s proximity to home, but yes - using location services will always have an impact on battery life.

Location services can be turned off on a per app bases in your iPhone settings. This will ensure SimpleWave will not impact battery life, but will also make the @Home feature inactive.

I personally haven’t seen any real impact after installing it a week ago. Seems to be fairly reliable too. I am still testing it out before I completely rely on it though.

My iPhone4 is about 3 years old. Could be that adding the location services was just too much for the battery.

Went to sleep last night with 60% battery, and woke up to a dead iPhone about 7 hours later. It likely all depends on your phone usage, and battery condition, but I find it to be unacceptable battery drain for me and have now turned off the location service for this app. I am due for a new phone within a month and may try it again on the new phone.

Thanks again for the feedback - We’ll continue looking for new ways to reduce battery usage with location services to make this better, if possible.

It might be the hardware. Not sure. I have the 5 and use my phone very heavily for work for email and long conf calls all day. So mine does drain by the end of the day just in general but I haven’t seen it worse with the app added. Mine may not be a good bench mark but wanted to toss it out there.

Also verify through your setting which other apps have location updates enabled. Now that you enable location setting, the other apps that may use them will also have the ability to use location services and they say Facebook is a real battery killer.

I will look at what else I have enabled