Is ERGY still working?

I have had no luck getting any energy information with my Vera3 and UI7. I think the problem is with the ERGY site. I can no longer log in even going directly to their website. When you click their login link, I get unable to connect to mios.eemanager.net. It looks like the site is either gone or down.

I have one of the Aeon whole house meters and the data is showing up when I look at the device directly but it’s not as useful if I can get history etc. Is anyone having luck with the energy setup in UI7?

It was mentioned in other threads that ergy does not work with UI7 right now. Some friendly advice, I would stay away from ergy. It has been known to cause instability issues on Vera and other problems.

• Garrett

Seconded.

Sounds like ERGY isn’t worth it but it seems to be the recommended solution by micasaverde. What is another recommendation for energy monitoring? I can see instantaneous power on both my home energy monitor (Aeon Labs) and I’ve entered the wattage for each device but this won’t give my a history which is much more useful. Any recommendations?

Sending data from Vera to SEG, as described here [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9998.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9998.0.html[/url] is one option. Saving the data locally and plotting it is another with something like [tt]EventWatcher[/tt] or [tt]DataYours[/tt]. There’s been quite a lot said about all of this on the forum. Search should help find some of it.

I contacted tech support (vera tech support) and they got it working for me. I do not have the issues I had on UI5 with ergy, on UI7 and it mostly works aside from reports tab and is not hanging up my vera. I contacted ergy tech support about the issue logging into their site 2 months ago with no response, and I purchased the upgrade for history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the tips. The forum is a great resource and I have searched here first for results but I often find a thread that looks great and was started in 2012 with references to UI4. After digging through 12 pages, I can start to piece together to good data. So it’s all here, but not always easy to find.

Unfortunately, the “official” documentation seems worse. I have clicked on help to get to the wiki referring to UI2, UI4 and UI5 but no reference to the current UI7. It gives me the feeling MiCasa is run by a couple of guys in a garage to be honest. The information on this forum is far more helpful than the official docs.

Thanks again to all who have pointed me in the right direction.

[quote=“simdude, post:1, topic:186009”]I have had no luck getting any energy information with my Vera3 and UI7. I think the problem is with the ERGY site. I can no longer log in even going directly to their website. When you click their login link, I get unable to connect to mios.eemanager.net. It looks like the site is either gone or down.

I have one of the Aeon whole house meters and the data is showing up when I look at the device directly but it’s not as useful if I can get history etc. Is anyone having luck with the energy setup in UI7?[/quote]

@simdude I prioritized your Customer Care ticket. Someone will be in touch shortly.

Thanks Marc. I did get the email and would love to get a solution. I also didn’t realize Vera support was on the forum which is really nice to see (although, I know it’s probably a lower priority than the trouble tickets to respond here).

Ahahah, you’d be surprised.

Hi, I had a support case on this since the beginning of December but nothing has happened.
According to Vera, they have been working on this issue since then, so do not hope too much.

[quote=“rumbLe, post:11, topic:186009”]Hi, I had a support case on this since the beginning of December but nothing has happened.
According to Vera, they have been working on this issue since then, so do not hope too much.[/quote]

Service announcement from ERGY…

https://www.ergyenergy.com/products-page/

Products Page

As you may know, Micasaverde (now Vera Control) is undergoing significant upgrades in order to provide you with a better overall product. Unfortunately, during this period, the ERGY energy application is not fully operational. You will not be able to purchase premium services until the upgrade process is complete.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work to bring you a superior energy application. For more information visit www.getvera.com or email info@getvera.com.

Why is there an Energy Tab in UI7, if it no longer works? To me, it looks like ERGY plugin must be dead. I can’t log in to “http://www.ergyenergy.com” directly and Vera has been incredibly absent and unhelpful in my requests to restore this feature. Echo labs doesn’t reply to my requests for service. What on earth is going on??

I am so frustrated with how much tinkering I have had to do since I first purchased a Vera 2 (now I have a Vera 3), with all the UI upgrades, broken plugins, broken scenes, broken devices after upgrades, etc… Is anyone else ready to migrate to another Z-Wave controller? I REALLY want Vera to work, but it seems that over time I have lost functionality, especially Energy monitoring, vs product improvement with progressive updates and even more concerning, is the utterly pitiful responses (or in my case, no response) to most trouble ticket escalations for tech support.

Please, somebody, give me a reason not to switch to another Z-wave controller…is all the frustration, lack of support, and now broken Energy reporting ever going to be worth a bit more patience??

Thanks for reading my rant! Ahh, I wish I could say that was helpful relief…but I’m ready to give up whining about Vera and give up on Vera altogether.

Anyone else feel this way, yet still really want it to work before giving up??

Drew

It appears that the ERGY plug-in is somewhat working again. I tried that Energy menu tab today and it install a plug-in and kind of tried to connect to EchoLabs. You have to agree to a non-existant privacy policy before doing so and it only seems to connect at small percent of the time.

Question is… is ERGY worth the risk? It’s a known performance problem, and appears unstable at best. I have a couple HEM2s which seem better at measuring my energy use :-).

im guessing ERGY is still not working

Good guess lol

I just bought a Vera controller and an AEOTEC Smart Energy Switch, but I’m not able to get any energy consumption info from it at all… I’m rather upset to see this thread from a year ago, still with no apparent resolution. Is there an update to the situation or am I just doing something wrong?

Ricco, which controller did you get? The energy data is a Z-Wave Plus feature. You need to have either a VeraEdge or VeraPlus and then go through the secure pairing/inclusion method to receive the energy data.

Reviving this old thread.

I cannot get the Ergy plugin to load. I have a Aeotec HEM2 which is reporting usage back in the Ergy ‘widget’, but when i click it for more information it just sits ‘loading’… I tried to goto the mios.eemanager.net website to login there using my mios login, but that doesnt work, does not recognise my email, says i dont have an account?