Is it possible to integrate Vera with Smartthings?

Hi, I own a Vera Edge controller and a Smartthings also. I’m planning to turn on or off some lights in Vera based on many motion sensors paired with smartthings, is it possible?

• Why don’t I pair everything to Vera? → the motion sensors are Zigbee and my Vera Edge doesn´t support Zigbee.
  • Why don’t I pair the lights to Smartthings? → The z wave relays are not supported for Smartthings after migration to the new app.

Is there any way to make ST and Vera “talk” to each other?.

Thanks

Both Vera and smartthings can send and receive http requests, and have vrtual devices , so should be possible.
@therealdb virtual http device plugin in vera and something similar in smartthings should do it.

1 Like

Hello,
We do not have support now to connect Smart Things with Vera but is in our roadmap to make it possible in our new MiOS application.
Would you like to join our beta program so you will have early access to this feature when it will be available?

Adina

@adina.porea

Can I be part of the beta to connect vera with smart things. I have a few applications that would benefit. Thank you!

@adina.porea I’m interested as well to be part of the beta. I have a VeraPlus controller, and some SmartThings devices like the Samsung Bulbs, that are detected on ZigBee but not controllable from the controller. Thanks a lot!

@adina.porea: following up on SmartThings integration with Vera.

Can you tell me how to do this or be part of beta program as I am already part of expo plus/atom beta program.

Thanks,
James

Hello, I’d like to join in on the beta if possible. I have Vera edge controller with a multitude of devices and would like to use the smart things app on my Samsung devices on conjunction with Bixby voice.

I just wanted to note that ST is going through some major changes, so don’t expect this to happen anytime soon. If it does, don’t expect it to work long.
ST is retiring their Groovy based system later this year and migrating to a new setup that will run primarily local. They just announced end of life to 3 of their controllers and are quickly working to move their system into 1 place. It’s currently split up into 2.
Just throwing this out there so people seeing this don’t get their hopes up too soon. I think it’ll be possible some day, but not for a year or more.

Google assistant can see both maybe we could use it s conditional