Is it worth the risk to upgrade firmware?

I have a rental property where I use a newish VeraPlus to control a Yale door lock. I previously used a VeraLite with uI5 and I never upgraded firmware; it worked perfectly for many years! I don’t have access to the property since it is in another state. I am currently on firmware 1.7.400. Is there a compelling reason to upgrade my current unit to 1.7.4453? Any advice appreciated!

the latest one (7.29) is like night and day compared to the previous. I will not update it remotely, unless you can have access by other means (VPN, for example), because we had a lot of people in the past with bricked units due to no space left on the device.

Thanks! I suspect I have a ton of room. I did not see an obvious way to check to see if there is sufficient space to safely perform an upgrade. I am able to connect remotely to the other computers on the network, but physical access to the site is about 8 hrs of driving!

run df -h and send the output. you should watch for “overlay” partition, in particular.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy