Is Micasaverde still a solvent company? Or is it going bankrupt hence given up support?

…or not written at all.

1 Like

Indeed, many will never be written again and will be lost.

1 Like

I understand, and certainly the EZLO company policy has foreseen the loss of customers with this step that exploits the wave of the good Vera system and, with many stable brands on the market “maybe” I will be one of them.
I see that with EZLO there are many problems no Plugin, in short, a system to be built and tested on the customers’ shoulders.

I am hoping for a rethink with New VERA Controllers and a slower transition to EZLO Controllers

Interesting idea, but I don’t think we will see that happening.

Can the Ezlo hubs hardware run Vera firmware and not Ezlo firmware :thinking:

openLuup, running on a RPi bridged to Vera and possibly Ezlo and/or elsewhere, is my path to a controlled transition.

1 Like

I plan to use the 3rd party Vera to Ezlo bridge plugin.

I already have the vast majority of my Vera devices also on my Ezlo Plus controller as virtual devices that control the real devices on the Vera controller.

This way I can slowly move over to using scenes on the Ezlo Plus hub and hopefully Reactor for my more complex logic, if it does get ported over.

Then it would just be a case when happy, to pair the real devices and change their device ID numbers to what the virtual devices were. I think haha.

Waiting for Vera to get their act together is just not worth the effort - I’ve moved 99% of my home to Hubitat. It’s what Vera would have been if they had a decent architect directing their development efforts 3 years ago.

6 Likes

I came to look at new controllers today as I want to upgrade and found none of the ones in the store would even load to the shopping cart.

I guess it’s coming to an end?

1 Like

The online store has been broken for a while - I was going to buy a couple of Centralite Pearl’s, a few weeks back, but was unable to.

That’s certainly a sign.

It works for me…

Must be a browser issue? I was in Chrome.

We’ve noticed that sometimes adblockers are blocking the Add to cart button on products.

I run one. That’s definitely what happened. Thank you.

1 Like

Ah that’s why.

Good morning Sorin,

I sent a request for assistance via your ticketing system, either Wednesday or Thursday, with no response what so ever.

Through the years I have enjoyed my Vera, when I had a problem, the staff were fantastic, but for some odd reason, its not the same, since the company was sold.

Even my Vera Plus, doesn’t work the same, is it me or is the overall platform failing.

It seems every time you have a server issue, my VeraPlus, seems to loose something, either speed or performance.

My issue this week, which is bizarre, I have updated the firmware, and now, in trying to set a different setpoint via a scene I can’t adjust a different setpoint, my thermostat is a GoControl TBZ48, the thermostat works fine, I spent about a week trying to figure the problem out, without success.

Another issue, has just popped up. again through a new scene, when I ask Vera to check status of a virtual switch, between this time and this time, do this time, nothing.

Can you help

Regards
Dom

No issues adding products you have in stock on your store to my cart, BUT why on earth your own store is not selling Vera Edge or Vera Plus controllers any longer is…confusing and concerning. (It only lists the Vera Secure at http://getvera.com/collections/controllers.)

Had to buy through a third-party…

Hey Dom,

I’m sorry to hear about this. What’s the email you’ve used for your ticket? I’ve looked after the one used on your forum account but couldn’t find any tickets. Send me a PM please, with your ticket number or email. Thanks

It’s been a long haul (2 years). Meanwhile the big momentum seems to be with Alexa and Google home wifi devices. Much of the population does not understand the need for low power secure mesh networks for remote battery powered devices. I am still on my Vera Lite, and waiting for things to gel here. Looks like new hubs are being tested, and I will see what they bring to us in terms of functionality. Kind of glad I did not buy the Edge or Plus hubs.

You can keep your WiFi IOT devices. I’ll be sticking with Z-Wave devices…

No matter what Amazon or Google do.

The masses wanna go that route because they don’t know or understand what they are doing.

1 Like