Is the Vera App development Abandon for Vera plus and secure?

The Vera app made huge improvment on dashboard for a 5-6month ago but then improvments stopped suddenly.

Is it abandoned and only developed for future products?

If so Is there any timeline for when Edge and then plus will come out to store with new ezlo firmware?

@melih @Sorin @adina.porea

Have a nice Easter!
/ Mattias

Weā€™ve not stopped, weā€™ve just working with priorities and the new controllers are part of that, but too soon for an ETA.

The recent version of the app added support for the new cameras with some more cameras coming soon, and a few under the hood improvements. Firmware and app updates for the entire line-up of controllers is still going strong, alongside work for innovations.

1 Like

Not stopped actually although i understand why you might think that. Here a is peek into whats coming
1-Brand new Dashboard Creator: We are building an app (at the moment it will be a separate app) that allows you to build a dashboard of your choosingā€¦size, no of tiles, background, orientation etc etc. Any dashboards you create by this app will be available in your Vera app for you to use. You can now find an old tablet or smartphone, set this dashboard and use it like a very high end control for your home automation.
2-Brand New Scene/rule creation flow: we have redesigned how we create rules/scenes, brand new flow (hope you will like it) and added many more advanced capabilities like grouping, ā€œANDā€, ā€œORā€, ā€œNOTā€ operators and so on. You should be able to do everything you need from this scene creator is our goal. It might take few iterations we cover all the use cases.
3-The Beta is now open to receive your Edge, Atom v2 or Plughub v2 (we had delays of shipment from China due to Covid which is totally understandable. We are about 2 months behind schedule on that so far but just yesterday we received the Edge delivery in the country where we will prepare it for Beta users so that they can start playing with them. Atom v2 and Plughub v2 is still stuck in HongKong (working on it) ) As soon as the Beta is complete it will be in stores.

PS: hope you registered for the beta so that you can receive your Edge! I have been using it here for sometime and I must say its one powerful beast! It should be illegal to put that much processing power into home automation :slight_smile: everything is ā€œinstantā€. They just released the smartphone app to add zigbee for the edge (it uses Ezlo Linux FW) and now I will be adding my zigbee devices to continue my tests on it. Because we built everything from scratch with optimization and efficiency in mind, I am very happy with the performance results. Now we need to keep building on top of this platform.

1 Like

Sounds great.

How to get into the Beta ? Buy an old Edge controller, or wait on new HW ?

at the moment, iā€™m trying to offload logic processing to an RPi with openLuup, as my vera reloads to often

Just register for beta here and we will ship you a device! we should be shipping this month.

1 Like

Hi Melih . Thank you for a hopeful and good answer!
I have signed up for an atom a coupe of Month ago .
Can you also sign up for an edge? Or am i wrong? In the link you wrote you cant Choose edgeā€¦
/ Mattias

good question. I donā€™t know the answer. I asked the guys in charge of that initiative to respond.
do get atom/plughub and edge all togetherā€¦because soon we will release the capability to ā€œoperate them all as oneā€ ā€¦(without a central server :wink: )

2 Likes

Hi @Matteburk I left you a DM on this regards. :wink:

Please share, I think we are a lot who wants to know

3 Likes

Sure thing :wink:
You can enrol to receive all 3 Ezlo hardwares - Ezlo Atom v2, Ezlo PlugHub v2 and Ezlo Plus here.

2 Likes

Thanx Ioana!

Looking forward to test them out!

/ Mattias

Thanks,

Iā€™m looking forward to testing them. I hope they will be more stable.

I just applied. Why not. I have been using Vera hubs since the start of things. It would be nice to see where things are headed. I would really like to test out the Edge to see how it compares to the Vera Plus in performance. So many other things Iā€™d like to test out like IFTTT integration but thatā€™ a whole other story there. So many ways Iā€™d like to text various complexities around the network by getting the oddest things to shake hands with each other.

Edit: Just signed up via the newer link for the whole package. This will make it interested to test the devices against each other for performance differences and situational strengths.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.