Its Been A Year Since Acqusition. How far ahead are we

While it’s not unreasonable to expect Vera to work out of the box, your description does seem to be a somewhat extreme situation. I think most of us are in a rather better place.

Certainly has some frustrations, but taking what Rigpapa and Rafael have delivered in the stability and plug ins, it’s certainly getting there

Cheers

C

1 Like

hi JaneAuto,
First of all please accept my apologies that you are not able to get what you want from the platform.
Here is what we have done so far:
1)Built from scratch 2 new hardware platforms (one for our own RTOS-Real Time Operating System), one for Linux based system
2)Built from scratch 2 new Firmware framework RTOS and Linux Based. We launched the RTOS based Firmware along with its hardware called Ezlo Atom.
3)We hope to release the Linux firmware (not backward compatible) that should run with your existing hardware (please bear in mind this is a total re-write and at first release it won’t be backward compatible with configurations you may have…need to treat it like a brand new installation. We are working on giving a Beta Launch date for this, the code is ready-ish, you can perhaps try that when ready and give us your feedback?)
4)We released 7.0.29…fingers crossed about to deliver 7.0.30 very soon…
5)We hope to enable Security Monitoring in 7.0.30
we have much much more coming…we had to re-build literally everything so that we can maintain it properly while we scale on it.

6 Likes

I can say that the best thing I did was get a VeraSecure off fleabay… Moving from a Vera 3 to the upgraded device has been night and day with reliability. I can’t say that it was because of the upgraded hardware or firmware that was able to be installed that fixed the issues I was having with dropped devices, and general slowness, but I can say it is nice now. I am also Beta Testing the new Atom and so far it has been pretty spiffy as well.

1 Like

Melih thank you for your response. As I said I am Vera customer, and will wait to see the new Ezlo vision come to fruition.

1 Like

As a non expert user I find it really difficult working out which plugins are sensible to use eg weren’t designed for UI5, are actively developed etc. You often have to read through pages and pages of comments in the forums as many don’t have pinned posts with current info. There still seem to be several sources of information and ways to install plugins.

I completely agree that this is a problem. I’m probably going to be called a heretic or worse, but I’m hoping Vera/eZLO does something with future firmware that is completely breaking to the existing interfaces, and as a result, every plugin that doesn’t have an active maintainer to upgrade it gets the “Thanos snap” right outta here. It’s well past time to clean house.

5 Likes

Totally agree with you. I would love to see that. I totally screwed up my system once by installing an app that was not really compatible with UI7.

I’ve had no such problems after upgrade

some have had no issues, others have. Not sure what your point is.

Great sounds like a lots has been achieved but with the last firmware release all my Fibaro 3 in 1 sensors now create a ghost device reported months ago and still no fix…also they have never reported battery levels correctly, if these were some weird Chinese (whoops) devices I could perhaps understand why, also I have the same sporadic scence running problem that JaneAuto experiences…we need a fix for this

Im sure I’ll like what is coming but can we just fix these two issues please

@Melih, what about the statement “we will support every single device out there”? Since the takeover I have also read a lot “we are working and stay tuned’s” but since I am still have A LOT (ask support: Radu Bojica, Ionut Sinatovici, Omar Gonzalez, Lorena, integration team, “other teams” etc.) of problems with devices in Vera. Ghost devices appearing, can’t detect device, unresponsiveness, etc…

We are building a whole new firmware (one version was launched with Atom Beta). With this new Firmware platform we will be able to support all commercially available devices.

But I don’t want new, I need better. Do you have a running domotica system at home you have set up yourself and putten all of your spare time and energy in it? For the last 10 years? I think if the answer is yes you will see why I don’t want new but better…

you just want to press the “update” button and have something “better”…I get that.
For us to be able to give you that…we had to re-write the whole platform…

Pretty much yes or “migrate” with PLEG, apps, etc., else I can as well easily go to home assistant e.g.

No disagreement on the fact that a new platform would probably be necessary to fix some of the flaws of the the current ones but as I expressed in the other thread with you, it would be easy to make it better. Not perfect, but better. There are a number of over automation in the engine which could be disabled and make the system much better and these, you seem to say I am underestimating and I still disagree because I have already implemented some of them and the remaining were coded by your team in no time when I asked. I just don’t understand why it takes so long before you let people test them. There are more which are needed from which I have not heard. As I said, most are about disabling flawed ideas in the code, not about creating anything new.

2 Likes

My concern is the availability of a migration path if an entire rewrite is underway. I have hundreds of devices, hundreds of PLEG logic, etc. If i have to do a total rebuild, I’ll be forced to at least consider other platforms.

To be clear, this isn’t a threat. I’ve been a pro-Vera consumer for years and “sold” a number of units to family and friends. This is just me being a reasonable consumer and keeping options open.

Here’s to hoping there will be a clean migration for us longtime and loyal customers.

You make an excellent point. If I have to reinstall everything (which I have done before) I would definitely look at other options, When I first started with my Vera 1, nothing was really close to the advances and strides Vera was doing. Alas fast forward to today, Vera has fallen behind and there are numerous choices for consumers.

@melih has already said in another thread (sorry, on my mobile and can’t find it right now) that it will be 100% upgradable but in a second phase. I agree with @rafale77 that more updates to the current generation are more than needed.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Fibaro 3 in 1 sensors now create a ghost device