iVera vrs TrickTVMoble

Can someone explain why I would want to pay $29.99 for iVera when TrickTV if basically free?

Sure iVera UI looks a bit better but come on 30 bucks for the app is way out of line. Maybe 5 or 6 bucks but not 30.

Give me a break. This apps needs a serious price reduction.

Hi John,

iVeras UI is much much much much much much nicer… but you are right, $30 is waaay to expensive for this app… especially since there do not seem to be any updates anymore.
I am currently a beta tester of a new app called HomeWave which should be around the price point you mentioned.

If you are looking for an app other than TrickTV just wait a couple more weeks.

You could also use automator.app.
Great app, lists are configurable, its $14.99 however the scrolling is not really smooth…

Flo

Oh, I forgot to answer your question…
There is no answer.
Too expensive…
Dont buy it! :slight_smile:

[quote=“frichter09, post:2, topic:172151”]Hi John,

iVeras UI is much much much much much much nicer… but you are right, $30 is waaay to expensive for this app… especially since there do not seem to be any updates anymore.
I am currently a beta tester of a new app called HomeWave which should be around the price point you mentioned.

If you are looking for an app other than TrickTV just wait a couple more weeks.

You could also use automator.app.
Great app, lists are configurable, its $14.99 however the scrolling is not really smooth…

Flo[/quote]

If they are not updating iVera then there is NO WAY I would even think about buying it.

I’ve been looking at Automator but I’ve not found a really good overview of it. Is there a video that does a good job show how it works?

I’ve been working on my issues with my Evolve dimmers locking up, glad that that’s fixed, that I missed the Beta opening for HomeWave, darn it. I would have liked to been on that beta not only because I’d like to test the program but I’ve beta tested a lot of software and I’ve run beta tests so I’ve well aware of what they are looking for. Oh well.

You could always ask the mod to sent you an invite.
Who knows, maybe he is ok with it and will sent you a beta request?
Its worth a shot.

Automator is a great app and the developer is active on the forums. For HomeWave, it never hurts to ask.

• Garrett

Yeah, it’s been quiet on the iVera front. See also this topic.

I’m still using it multiple times, every day though, on iPod and iPad (in iPod mode). I think iVera was one of the first apps out there. Others have shown up, at various price points. Every developer has their own reasons/needs to offer an app at a certain price (free, $5, $15, $30, etc.). Probably not a big market, and in the bigger picture of my investment in Z-Wave hardware/software, I don’t mind the pricing of the apps.

All the apps seem to have their own differentiators / pros / cons. There’s some prior topics on that.

[quote=“Timon, post:4, topic:172151”][…] missed the Beta opening for HomeWave, darn it.

Apparently, there’s an Apple-imposed limit:

Thanks oTI@,

I did not know that there was a limit…