Jandy Pool Control

[ul][size=14pt]Version 1.1 Released[/size]
I have created a plugin for IAquaLink that interfaces with the Autelis device for Jandy.

The plugin can currently control and report the following features of your pool.

[list]
[li]Circuits[/li]
[li]One-touch Macros[/li]
[li]Pool/Spa/Air Temperature[/li]
[li]Solar Sensor[/li]
[li]Pool Heat[/li]
[li]Spa Heat[/li]
[li]Heat Setpoints and Preferences[/li]
[li]Watercolors[/li]
[li]AquaPure[/li]
[li]Chemlink[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]
Release Version 1.1 - 07-23-18
[list]
[li]Bug Fix: Fixed issues with fw 7.0.27+[/li]
[/list]
[/li]
[li]
Release Version 1.0 - 10-12-17
[list]
[li]First release version.[/li]
[/list]
[/li][/list]
You must manually install this from the Apps menu on your Vera.[/ul]

rstrouse, will this write right over beta 0.42 no problem? Any changes?

I thought I’d never see an official release!

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[quote=“Sammy2, post:2, topic:197378”]rstrouse, will this write right over beta 0.42 no problem? Any changes?

I thought I’d never see an official release!

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes this will write over the .42 beta. This is primarily cleanup code from the beta since it seems to work pretty well. Simply copy the files to your Vera and let it reload the luup engine.

Downloaded and installed. All is well!

I would love to install this iAqualink plugin. Thanks for the development work. I have never done a manual install. I downloaded the zip file and looked for a readme txt file no luck. I searched the forum for “manual install from apps menu” and found nothing. Can someone walk me thru the manual installation process?

Also will this plugin work with UI7?

Thanks in advance for the help

@Hottoy,

This plugin is specifically designed for UI7 and UI5 and requires an Autelis controller. To install you can use the installation guide I developed for the Pentair system. It can be found at the link below.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30275.msg217728.html#msg217728

Please note: The installation guide was written for Pentair equipment. For Jandy equipment enter D_AutelisJandy.xml with no spaces exactly as you see here when you get to the Creat Device section of the document.

Also, after you have completed the install make sure you go into your Autelis software and identify the plugin device. This will provide instant status whenever anything changes on your pool.

Thank you for the work on the plugin and the help. Cannot wait to get this installation completed.

Hello Rstrouse,

I hit a snag when I tried to restart the luup engine after creating the parent device. I don’t have the selection to restart the luup engine selection on my serial port configuration. See attached screen shot.
I tried the following: hit the save on serial screen, restarted the wifi connection, went into another device selected the advanced tab and restarted the lupp there. I still don’t see the pool control device in my device list. I entered the Upnp device filename for the Jandy equipment D_AutelisJandy.xml with no spaces while creating the device. Did I do something wrong? Did a firmware remove the luup engine restart from the serial screen? I’m running ui7 firmware 1.7.3232

Thanks for the continuing help.

[quote=“Hottoy, post:8, topic:197378”]Hello Rstrouse,

I hit a snag when I tried to restart the luup engine after creating the parent device. I don’t have the selection to restart the luup engine selection on my serial port configuration. See attached screen shot.
I tried the following: hit the save on serial screen, restarted the wifi connection, went into another device selected the advanced tab and restarted the lupp there. I still don’t see the pool control device in my device list. I entered the Upnp device filename for the Jandy equipment D_AutelisJandy.xml with no spaces while creating the device. Did I do something wrong? Did a firmware remove the luup engine restart from the serial screen? I’m running ui7 firmware 1.7.3232

Thanks for the continuing help. [/quote]
Yes a firmware removed the Reload Luup button from the serial port screen. That button has migrated all over the place. Please clear your cache Reload the Luup engine again then reload the page. Also, the notifications that used to display when the when the luup engine was reloading have been removed by default. You can turn these back on by going to Users & Account Info → Notifications. It will be the last check on the bottom.

If this does not show the Pool Control device under Devices in No Room then please verify the following files exist on your Vera. To do this… Open Apps–>Develop Apps–>Luup Files and verify that the following files exist on your Vera. These should appear in your list. If any of them do not exist please upload them by dragging them onto the Upload drag and drop files portion of the screen.

C_JandyChemSim.xml
C_JandyNamesSim.xml
C_JandyPumpsSim.xml
C_JandyStatusSim.xml
D_AquaPure.json
D_AquaPure.xml
D_AquaPure_UI5.xml
D_AutelisJandy.xml
D_AutelisJandy_UI5.xml
D_JandyColors.xml
D_JandyColors_UI5.json
D_JandyHeater.json
D_JandyHeater.xml
D_JandyHeater_UI5.xml
D_JandyHeaterSolar.json
D_JandyHeaterSolar_UI5.json
D_JandyMacros.xml
D_JandyPump.json
D_JandyPump_UI5.json
D_JandyPump.xml
D_JandySolar.json
D_JandySolar.xml
D_JandySolar_UI5.json
D_JandyWaterColors.json
D_JandyWaterColors.xml
D_JandyWaterColors_UI5.json
I_AutelisJandy.xml
J_AutelisJandy.js
L_AutelisJandy.lua
S_Aquapure.xml
S_AutelisJandy.xml
S_JandyColors.xml
S_JandyHeater.xml
S_JandyMacros.xml
S_JandyPump.xml
S_JandyWaterColors.xml

Is this going to get to the store?

Thanks for the help Rstrouse. Got it communicating.

rstrouse,

I’m looking into using openLuup to run my Vera. Will Pool Control work? It isn’t an “installed” plugin per se but rather a bunch of files dumped into Vera. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I don’t actually know how openLuup works. Haven’t messed with it.

Neither do I other than it is a Vera emulator that runs on a PC or rPi to offload the heavy lifting and then just ties into the controller to issue commands to the devices. I’m just researching right now. The latest f/w didn’t do me good and Vera seems to not be able to get things right with getting the status from Schlage Locks so I can run other scenes or PLEG from their state to arm the house in Away Mode.

Read through the doc but still aren’t any smarter. I guess old dogs applies.

More in-depth information:

Yep that’s what I read… no new dendrites.

thanks for the info. will check that out

Robert… IDK what is happening here but the heater control is not showing itself in Pool Control on my VeraPlus interface right now and I sorta need it coming into swimming season!

Robert… IDK what is happening here but the heater control is not showing itself in Pool Control on my VeraPlus interface right now and I sorta need it coming into swimming season![/quote]

NM…

Somehow it was disabled in the Configuration Screen. It’s back now but why would that happen? Maybe when Vera Support was fiddling with my VeraPlus after the f/w update a few months ago broke A LOT of stuff??