Jandy Pool Control

Just curious was it disabled on your Aqualink?

I never checked the Aqualink. At this time it is in a box in the garage and I only use Autelis on my phone or pretty much always Vera to control the pool, thank you very much!!. In the configuration page, heaters were not enabled for whatever reason. I don’t know how long this condition existed as I haven’t even looked at the pool heaters in months.

I hope someone sees this. I have everything installed and it’s mostly working. I am able to turn on/off the pool filter, spa filter, pool light, spa light.

I had to add waterfall. It is a pump that is linked to Aux1.

I am unable to make ‘waterfall’ turn on via Alexa. It seems all of the other switches simply loaded with plugin. I attached a screenshot.

Any ideas on what to try to get it to work with Alexa? THANKS!

@eyoung,

I am not quite sure what dictates whether Alexa finds a device. Are you saying it finds the other pool circuits but doesn?t find the waterfall? I have seen some posts re the category and subcategory being one of the criteria. Your waterfall is simply a binary switch so perhaps changing the category and subcategory to the same as a binary switch that it finds might make a difference.

What you said makes sense. I had tried many things. In the end I decided to uninstall the Alexa skill for Vera and reinstall. When I did it found it!
All is well again. :slight_smile:

@eyoung,

I noticed that the firmware you are running on your Autelis says Standard. Are you using the Autelis firmware where you enter the Device Id of the plugin into Autelis? I use the Pentair version and that is tagged as Advanced not Standard. However, this may just be a difference between the Pentair and Jandy gear and I have no way to determine this.

If you have the correct firmware and have entered your Vera creds in the isy page, then you will find that as soon as any change occurs on the iAquaLink it will be immediately reflected on Vera. This keeps it all in sync without polling the panel using 2-way communication.

Below is what it looks like in Pentair.

@rstrouse - let me just say this is awesome work. I have been looking for automated pool control for a long time and you have done excellent work. I appreciate everyone’s involvement in getting stuff like this working.

Having said that, is there any chance I could interest you in modifying this code to work with the Hayward Goldline Autelis unit?

Little background; I have the Autelis for Goldline unit and first installed your original app for Pentair from the App store and could not get it to connect. I then installed the Jandy version and am able to control most things in my pool - I am very excited about this and more excited about the possibilities. I am able to control my pool pump, spa, blower, waterfalls, cleaner and lights. This is leaps and bounds above anything I had before. One thing I haven’t been able to configure is the heater settings. When I load the Jandy app, I only see Filter Pump, Spa, and Water Fall as Standard Circuits. Nowhere in the configuration can I find the heater settings. I am, however, able to see and control the heater from within the Autelis native interface.

If this is something you would be willing to undertake, I would greatly appreciate it and I’m sure more people would benefit from your fantastic abilities.

Thanks

Chris

@ceskelund, just for shucks can you post the output of your status.xml. To do this type http:///status.xml in a browser. I don’t see a setpoint temp for the heater in the docs. Maybe it is hidden somewhere.

absolutely. attached is the output.

Thanks

Do you have setpoints on your heater and can you set them from Autelis? I don’t see these here.

Yeah, this may be a little tricky. There don’t appear to be setpoints (see screenshot attached). If I want to change the heater settings, I have to go to the virtual keypad and increase or decrease the temp. I think this may be because I have the auto heater control set up where I have a temp set for pool and a temp set for spa and then in that mode, the Goldline tells the heater when to come on and when to turn off based on the current temp. Would love to be able to control it via the plugin though.

One other thing I noticed missing is the ON/OFF for the SuperChlor setting. I have a Salt Water pool with a Chlorine Generator.

Thanks again for taking a look

For heaters that is the normal operation where there are different setpoints based upon the body configuration of the pool (either pool or spa mode). Both Pentair and Jandy operate this way with Pentair adding a heating source component to switch it between solar, heatpump, or traditional heater depending on outside temperature. It appears that the Goldline controller is similar to some of the features on the Jandy where they may only be controlled by navigating around the menus. In looking at the Autelis forum it appears that is a Hayward limitation which makes it really ugly to get or set the values.

As for the superchlor, get the results of http:///chem.xml. Hopefully it is not a 404. If it is then control of the SWG might only be limited to the SuperChlor function.

http:///chem.xml yields a 404 unfortunately

I just re-read your reply - are you saying that it is possible to get a SuperChlor button on the interface? There is one that turns it on and off in Autelis but doesn’t come through on the plugin in Vera. My normal chlorine settings are pretty static but I often do turn on SuperChlor when the pool is heavily used. That would be nice to have that feature available.

Thanks

Type this into a browser and see if it turns the super chlorination on.

http:///set.cgi?schlor=1

Check to see if it starts superchlorinating. If it does then type the following into a browser and see if it goes off.

http:///set.cgi?schlor=0

Thanks for working with me…

With SuperChlor off, I ran the first command and SuperChlor did not some on. I turned it on manually with my AquaPod and then ran the second command and it did not turn off.

I looked at the source for the Autelis Equipment page and found that the button is very close to what you recommended but included another key word. I entered the below and it turns on and off the SuperClor

set.cgi?name=schlor&value=0

Thank you

Do you know how to create a scene that executes a Luup command? If you do you can simply create a scene for off and on sending a luup.inet.wget.

luup.inet.wget("http://<your autelis ip>/set.cgi?name=schlor&value=1", 5, "<autelis username>", "<autelis password>")

You can then hook it up in the macros section of the plugin.

Thanks again for taking the time to work through this with me. I created a virtual switch and created scenes with the code you referenced. I also added the macro in the Pool switch and it is working well. The next thing I have to figure out is how to change the switch status when it is turned on or off using the AquaPod or the keypad.

Well, I made the mistake (perhaps) of updating to the latest firmware and are getting some weird results. I had the Autelis Pool Plugin installed and working for about a month but after the firmware update, the App disappeared from my Installed Apps list. The devices that it had created were still there and working but the app was gone.

I just reinstalled the app and it created a new device (with new device number) but did not pick up the other previously created devices. Are there any options for re-associating the previously created devices with the newly installed app? I am not sure if this is causing my problems with other apps but my alerts have stopped sending and I am thinking it might be related.

Thanks