Keypad 3405-L

So I’ve been able to include these keypads, but I’m still having issues with its functions. I thought I’d share in case someone has a fix or even just saying they’ve got the same problems as well.

First the good things:

• They include ok, although sometimes it took a lot of “configuring” and restarts.

-They have temperature sensors in them which seem to work well and are pretty accurate (I have 5 of these and they are pretty close).

-The humidity sensor works, and seems accurate enough, but I could never tell if a humidity sensor was accurate!

-The code programming seems to work MOST of the time. Sometimes it disappears later, but I’m not sure if its my problem or a general one as I’m still settings up lots of devices. Sometimes things get lost in the process.

-I can use it to disarm, or go from AWAY to HOME mode as Vera calls it, with the code I programmed.

So then here are some issues:

I cannot always seem to go from HOME to AWAY mode with the keypad. It does sometimes, with a severe lag. I’m guessing for some instances it might have worked, or maybe the lag was so bad it never takes.

-There is an ON and PARTIAL button. ON puts the AWAY mode on by pressing the code first, but PARTIAL does nothing. Even if I manually set NIGHT mode on the browser UI, and won’t indicate on the keypad, although doing the same for AWAY does translate to ON on the keypad eventually.

-The beeps are never consistent, and with the severe lags, its impossible to tell what its beeping for. Other than just waiting for 20 seconds (plus the programmed delay), its difficult to know what the end result will be.

The property pages do not let me do anything with the keypads such as run scenes or use them for triggers. I can manage PIN codes, but that’s about it. I guess its automatically configured to set HOME and AWAY, but nothing else, and can’t be changed from what I can see.

I also have the newer version keypads, and they have a really hard time during inclusion. Lots of restarts and battery pulling. I managed to get some partially working, but their functionality is even less. Oddly however, the PARTIAL button does indicate when I manually select NIGHT through the web interface. These also won’t ARM (HOME to AWAY) and Vera complains of invalid code, but they do DISARM (AWAY to HOME) with the same code. The PARTIAL button doesn’t work at all from the keypad, other than the indication mentioned above.

So anyone get these working? Are there better ones out there that do work, and that I can trigger scenes with?

Much thanks!