KWH $$ cost

My cost of electricity is $0.068000/KWH when I try to enter my cost into vera plus it says it must be a positive number…

is this a bug?

how are you getting that number?
what electric company charges such low rates?

It’s right on my bill from Reliant.

2,233 KWH @ $0.068000/kwh = $151.84

After the taxes, fees and other charges ($93.69) my grand total is $245.53 for 2,233 KWH for the month of august (hottest month) coming to a “actual cost” of approx. $0.1099/kwh

so again I ask, can the cost be modified in the system? Otherwise the energy monitoring is useless. Rates here in texas are typically between 6-12 cents per kwh.

thanks

-Matt

[quote=“mnsherick, post:3, topic:194220”]It’s right on my bill from Reliant.

2,233 KWH @ $0.068000/kwh = $151.84

After the taxes, fees and other charges ($93.69) my grand total is $245.53 for 2,233 KWH for the month of august (hottest month) coming to a “actual cost” of approx. $0.1099/kwh

so again I ask, can the cost be modified in the system? Otherwise the energy monitoring is useless. Rates here in texas are typically between 6-12 cents per kwh.

thanks
-Matt[/quote]

those are pretty good rates, i would suggest just putting 7 in the settings box (not point 7 .7, but just the number 7 and nothing else)
user & account info → unit settings → electricity cost.

the dashboard usage appears to be wrong (says i’m spending $87 per hour) but when you go into the energy / current usage page, it’s all right there.
this should be considered a close approximation. not something that you rely on for 100% accuracy.

works for me if i use 0.XXXXXXX. will not work using .XXXXXXX

10c/kwh!!!

FAAAARRRRRKKKK

In australia at the moment i pay around 27c/kWh and they sting us just over $1 a day to have the power connected!!

Europe also controls people’s power usage with extremely high utility costs.

In Mass I pay 0.28 cents per Kwh
pretty good power rates in TX
RVF