Kwikset 916 Lock with Zigbee

Has anyone tried to add a Kwiskset 916 lock with Zigbee to a Vera Plus?

Tried adding it as a generic zigbee device and it came up as a temp sensor?

I tried the 910 with both Zwave and Zigbee. Under Zwave it works like a lock. Zigbee gave me sensor. There must be something with the fingerprint under Zigbee or that Vera doesn’t have a profile for Zigbee Kwikset locks.

Zigbee locks are not yet compatible with Vera, unfortunately.

Are there plans to add ZigBee locks like kwikset 916 in the near future?

OK a bit of thread necromancy here but I just discovered there has been no progress on getting any Zigbee locks, in particular the Kwikset/Weiser Zigbee series, working yet. :frowning: Vera really needs to move on this!

What is the roadmap or timing for getting Zigbee locks configured? Zigbee is getting more popular and may even be pulling ahead in the Z-Wave vs. Zigbee standards competition.

For the record I’m in particular talking about the basically identical Kwikset/Weiser Smartcode 914/10 door lock with the Zigbee radio (they come in both Z-wave and Zigbee versions and as many probably know Kwikset & Weiser merged several years ago and the only difference now between most of their models is badging). Like others I have successfully used the Z-wave versions but am now wanting to also use Zigbee devices when they might be cheaper or more readily available in some distribution channels and at certain times.

https://www.kwikset.com/products/details/electronic-locks/914-trl-zb-15-ul.aspx
https://ca.weiserlock.com/en/products/9GED18000-008/

I solved my 916 problem by just replacing the ZigBee card in the lock assembly with a new Zwave Plus card. Was very easy and worked! I used Home Connect Module 2913914 which i order on Amazon.

Yes, I should have noted this that I did discover the modules swap back and forth. However I had not tried sourcing the radio card separately. Good to hear it worked!

I’m not sure about that part number you supplied but I assume it’s this one on Amazon. It looks like the Zwave300 (450191) radio that I’m familiar with but flashed with a bit older firmware.

For the two identical ‘Kwikset 914’ / ‘Weiser Smartcode 10’ lock assembly series I have documented the following radio cards:

• Zigbee (450203)

• Zwave300 (450191)

• ZwavePlus500 (450241)

The removable card also suggests a few other bonuses:

• It is a good path to upgrade from the less secure, and possibly less stable (there were some random lockups and rumours), Zwave 300 series to the more secure Zwave+ 500 series without doing anything else physically other than unplugging and plugging in a new radio card.
  • If you have some sort of mechanical or actuator failure you can simply swap around the card and not have to do a lot of exclusion and reprogramming.

If you don’t mind me asking,where could I find a Zigbee 450203 i’ve looked for a while and this is all i found.