Last Z-Wave Network Backup: N/A

When clicking on Settings → Back-up → Back-up Z-Wave Network Nothing happens.

This is what I see in the tab:

Last Z-Wave Network Backup: N/A

It is highly recommended to make a z-wave network backup before creating your controller full backup.

It is highly recommended that I make this back-up, but it doesn’t seem to be working.
[VeraSecure 1.7.3502]

Press the button, come back tomorrow :slight_smile:
It takes a lot of time (at least it did on mine)
The next day it had a date there, and I could take a full backup.

[quote=“Andreaz, post:2, topic:198465”]Press the button, come back tomorrow :slight_smile:
It takes a lot of time (at least it did on mine)
The next day it had a date there, and I could take a full backup.[/quote]

And to add to that - UI7 doesn’t have a notification panel to show you it is working on something like UI5 did. In UI5 the same command would have started a counter so you could see it working. I have been told there is a notification panel planned for UI8…

In UI7, go to Users & Account Info—> Notifications Settings---->Notifications Header (Additional diagnostic and operational messages displayed) and make sure it’s checked. This will enable the blue notifications bar.

Backing up the Z-wave networks shouldn’t take long. Go to Settings—> Z-wave settings---->Advanced tab. Select Backup Z-wave Network. You’ll see the progress in the blue bar.

New to UI7, did not know this was an option (nor did the Vera Control employee I talked to recently). But the notification panel does not seem to clear correctly. Have an message that a plug-in is Running LUA Startup, but that plug-in is up and running fine - that was just the last start-up message and it should have disappeared when the plug-in finished… Still better than not knowing when a Lua restart is in progress!

The blue bar was standard in UI7 until fairly recently (some time last fall), then became a switchable option. I don’t know why they wouldn’t want it displaying all the time as it’s frequently the only way to know what’s happening. Messages can take their sweet time clearing out, in my experience. Sometimes interacting with the UI will get rid of leftovers.

If your luup is reloaded for some reason, you’ll get a message about running lua startup for plugins.
After finishing the proces, the blue bar on top should disappear.

I always do a z-wave backup before each system backup. But yesterday after reading this thread I logged in remotely and checked and it showed “Last Z-Wave Network Backup: N/A”. I proceeded to back up the z-wave network and the system and then it showed a date/time stamp rather than N/A (after a page refresh). Today I logged in remotely again, and it again shows “Last Z-Wave Network Backup: N/A”. Apparently the time stamp isn’t sticky–on my system at least.

This seems to be the case with the timestamp, or it may refer to the system’s own back-up. In any case, there is no reason not to back up the Z-Wave whenever you do a manual backup.

[quote=“HSD99, post:4, topic:198465”]In UI7, go to Users & Account Info—> Notifications Settings---->Notifications Header (Additional diagnostic and operational messages displayed) and make sure it’s checked. This will enable the blue notifications bar.

Backing up the Z-wave networks shouldn’t take long. Go to Settings—> Z-wave settings---->Advanced tab. Select Backup Z-wave Network. You’ll see the progress in the blue bar.[/quote]

First - this was a ‘missing link’ - the blue bar is showing errors with my WWN (in another thread) that I was unaware of. BUT for this issue - the back-up - it flashed “10%” and no update afterwards. BUT when I hit the “back” button, I see it was created. Go back to the “Create Backup” button and you see “Last Z-Wave Network Backup: N/A”. Clearly a bug.

Thanks everyone!

I would very much like to create an offline copy of my Z-wave back-up from my Vera Plus, like I can with the fill controller back-up.
Does anyone know where I need to poke around using ssh to find the Z-wave network back-up or in the GUI, because I cannot find it?
Thanks in advance folks :pray: