License for PLEG and PLTS Plugins (Starting April 1, 2014)

There is a Register Tab in your PLEG/PLTS device. You can register from any device. (Need a version > 6.0)
Licenses are paid via PayPal from a Registration website accessible from the Register tab.

Starting April 1 the PLEG/PLTS devices will be licensed. The license is required for any Plugin greater than Version 4.5
Existing users will have approximately 1 month to register.

You get 30 days free unlimited access from time of your first install. For existing users this period has likely expired.
To reset the date … delete all PLC, PLEG, and PLTS plugins and re-install the plugins.
After 30 days, unlicensed users are allowed a total of 3 PLEG and/or PLTS devices each with a max of 5 inputs and 5 conditions.

You can obtain a license that will allow you to create 4 PLEG/PLTS devices. (You can obtain as many licenses as you need).
A license is $5.50+tax
[hr]
For users running a version later than 4.5, There are 3 scenarios:

1. You are not licensed but you recently installed PLEG/PLTS/PLC
    You can enjoy PLEG/PLTS for 30 days. During that time you will be limited to 3 PLEG or PLTS devices with unlimited inputs or conditions.
    To restart your 30 day license … uninstall and re-install your PLEG/PLTS/PLC devices.
  2. You are not licensed and you are past 30 days since you installed PLEG/PLTS or PLC plugins.
    You will be limited to 3 PLEG or PLTS devices with a max of 5 inputs and 5 conditions for each PLEG or PLTS device.
  3. You have purchased some licenses:
    You will have unlimited inputs and conditions for 4 PLEG or PLTS devices for each license purchased.
    The license duration is unlimited, but it will only work for the Vera that it was purchased for.
    You can purchase up to 15 licenses.

Any PLEG or PLTS devices that exceeds the licensed limits will be disabled.
[hr]
UPDATE:
Some one had indicated to me that I may have done something illegal with my licensing.
I am not a lawyer … and sorry to say I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately :slight_smile:

So as I indicated … I will provide a license to anyone that requests it … But it will only work for Versions before today’s release.
Just Post your Vera ID Here … And I will respond with a license. But as I said … it will only work with the old software … And the old software
is not available from the APP server anymore … You will need to restore your configurations to last night’s backup and make sure you disable the auto-update procedure.

I think you earned this very much and I will happily pay these 5-6 dollars.

One question though:
I have two veras in two different locations. Each of them has only one single PLEG device with about 50 conditions. This would mean that one license is sufficient since I can create 4 PLEG devices with unlimited inputs and conditions, correct? Or is the license per vera?

Edit:
Ohoh, I already installed this and registered without MCV having approved the update. But it’s working.

The licence is Per Vera …
But send me an email and I can generate you a license for the other Vera.

Agreed. I never would have purchased my Vera 3 if PLEG had not existed :o

When I first developed this plugin it was for personal use … then I shared it …

Many people liked it and recommended improvements. And it grew into a better product with a larger user base.

Support for my fellow automators has continued to grow. There are more features that have been requested.
That is why I have decided to license this.

If you feel adding a license to this was unfair, and you should get a free license … post your Vera ID here … before April 1 and And I will provide a license for you … The License ID is tied to your Vera … and will not work on another.

RTS, I asked in the VeraAlerts thread as well, but only one of those questions really applies here.

Is this a “lifetime” license, or something like a yearly license?

Hi Richard. With one PLEG license, and only one PLEG device, does that allow for unlimited inputs and conditions or would we buy additional licenses to allow that? Happy to pay for licenses. Vera would be a paperweight without PLEG and VeraAlerts. Also, is there a chance that once the autoupdate happens that both will stop working if we haven’t registered yet? I have several Veras that rely on both apps to function and can’t afford to have them stop working for a period of time. Obviously I’ll register right away but am concerned that the apps auto-update and stop working before I have a chance to register.

One licence allows a total count of 4 pleg or plts devices with unlimited inputs and conditions.

The license is a lifetime license but it is tied to the particular Vera.

People have 1 month to obtain a license.

I am having some issues getting a license. I have sent you an email on the subject. I can not see that I have got an receipt with a license other than the std receipt from paypal.

Well it’s about time. I highly support this move.

If we get a new Vera, will we be able to transfer the license? While I don’t need support for 16 devices (I only use 2 right now), I went ahead and bought 4 licenses as the plugins are invaluable for my system.

I support the move to licensing because this plugin plays a huge role in my home automation, and being a developer I know how much time you must have put into it. However, since this is a big change, here are a couple of questions/comments:

1. Do you plan to have a more formal feature request process with things like voting and eta?

2. What happens to registered users if you decide to stop support or move away from this platform?

3. Email notifications to registered users when an update is about to be pushed out would be nice. There has been a few times where most of my stuff has broken due to big updates.

Edit: I already received my license, but when I try to register it fails and now it says that I’m limited to 5 inputs and conditions

I’m surprised it took this long. Richard has put together a fantastic plugin that takes vera to a completely different level of functionality, and I’ve always been surprised at the amount of effort he must be expending in support and development to date - gratis.

If a license fee keeps him in the game, I for one am happy to contribute.

Cheers

Also, where can I purchase a license? I’m assuming it will come about in the next month and I’m just not missing it on your site.

I appreciate the fair warning to this and I’ll be buying a few licenses.

My personal opinion is you should only do this for new versions. If someone set their friend a few months ago, they might not be updating it or keeping up to date on the forum. To suddenly have an older version stop working might cause some commotion.

The first post states where to get a license. It is located in the plugin under the tab called “Resister Tab”.

There is a Register Tab in your PLEG/PLTS device. You can register from any device. Licenses are paid via PayPal from a Registration website accessible from the Register tab.
  • Garrett

@ huveu
I currently have a list of features request that I keep from suggestions via the forums or emails.
I will not be opening this feature requests to voting … but there is always the squeaky wheel principal.

I might have to add a check box on the Registration Server to allow me to use your email address for mailing information about updates.
Currently I only use the email address for License delivery.

Since the license is lifetime … It should continue to run as long as I support it. No different than anything else.

Some one had indicated to me that I may have done something illegal with my licensing.
I am not a lawyer … and sorry to say I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately :slight_smile:

So as I indicated … I will provide a license to anyone that requests it … But it will only work for Versions before today’s release.
Just Post your Vera ID Here … And I will respond with a license. But as I said … it will only work with the old software … And the old software
is not available from the APP server anymore … You will need to restore your configurations to last night’s backup and make sure you disable the auto-update procedure.

I’ll be more than happy to pay the license fees , it’s a small fee for such a great plugin that I’m sure it makes our automation process a lot easier so it’s a good step.

Im not a developer and barely understand conditions and codes. Can’t even do anything with Luua but I got my way around this plugin but I would love to have a detailed manual for the plugin and some good explanation and examples. I know there are some in the forums but because they are too any I’m lost.

But again. Way to go man and I’ll get mine now

Good luck

I would love to have a detailed manual for the plugin and some good explanation and examples.
Have you seen [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html]PLEG Basics[/url]?

Both PLEG and VeraAlerts have given wings to my Vera 3. I respect the time and effort that went into their creation, and I am happy to pay you to continue to use them.