LIFX Plugin

Trying to “0,255,0” worked. I then used RGB Color Codes Chart 🎨 to figure out the colours I wanted. Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks!

Just realizing that the plugin is rather broken, status updates are not working…neither color changes from the vera interface.

Here come’s the funny question…is this just me? or is there anybody else still using this?

Thanks in advance…

For what it’s worth the https requests via lua going out from the vera has stopped working, same code…but it no longer works for me at least. The plugin will fallback to “curl” when https via lua fails.

I’ve fixed the broken color changer from the interface as well.

For the folks using the script, I will post an updated file to fix the issues that you have been having.

This is ONLY for the people using the version that HAS THREE FILES.

If you don’t know what this is then it is NOT FOR YOU.

If you are still reading, unzip and upload this file to fix “the script”

lifx_ctrl.zip (1.7 KB)

I’m still using it, it has been unreliable over the last few weeks though.
I reinstalled the plug in and updated to 1.6 and it seems better although not as good as it used to be

There is an update pending approval that should bring things back to normal.

1 Like

Great news, thanks Majimus

It seems like everything is working properly again, thanks Majimus

Thank you! Looking forward to trying it out this weekend

Can confirm it works perfectly! @Majimus thnx for the hard work fixing stuff

I’m not having as much luck, unfortunately.
The Vera has a tendency of making me feel retarded, even though I’ve worked with home automation systems for about 20 years. This whole system is still a Sh!tshow. I understand that none of this is your fault and I’m sorry for the trouble.
Would you be so kind as to list every file that I need to flush from my Vera using WinSCP since there is no way to easily and simply remove plugins from this mess?
I will start from scratch.
Thanks in advance.

@Majimus Let me rephrase the question, perhaps.
Which files are created by the (older version) plugin that may be interfering with normal operation of your new revision of the plugin that I need to delete? I have noticed a number of files with “Majimus” in the filename, and I’m thinking that somewhere down the line while poking around and trying to get things working again, I might have screwed something up. I’d like to start fresh, however the Vera’s interface does not make that anywhere near easy.
Thanks

Updating your plugin to the latest version should in theory get things going.

Yes, I tried that, as well as manually copying the new file over to the Vera with WinSCP.
Still can’t pulse my lights using scripts or change their color.

The plugin and script files are different…the last changes made to the script split it into three files. I will upload them all again, those file names are prefixed with “lifx_ctrl”.

The plugin files are now arguably far beyond any copies you may have and manually moving things around would most likely wreck said plugin.

Yeah, I’m sure I fu{&ed something up, based on my history with this plugin. That’s why I was hoping to start from scratch without factory resetting my Vera since I have so many scripts/scenes created.
I was messing around with the plugin with another well-known and capable plugin author not too long ago since I thought you had gone MIA and I was determined to get things working again. Never managed to achieve anything though. Not even log entries noting errors.

There were some hiccups with the new forum, but I’m around…much busier than before, but here. I’m fairly committed to the plugin because I use it heavily at home, but most users appear to have a much more advanced usage than I do.

The simplest approach would be to update the plugin from the Vera interface, which should load the newest files from the app store.

Busier than before?? Is that possible? :wink:
I think I can speak for us all when I say we all truly appreciate the time and effort you expend on this plugin. It is definitely one of the most noticeable features of my “smart” home (when it’s working properly). Using the lights as notifications is much more than just a gimick and has amazing real-world uses.
I could see how it must be a pain to continually adapt to a changing system and I dread the upcoming drastic firmware change. I guess if it’s for the better in the long-run…
As for the simple approach, I have tried numerous times to update, and the LIFX App page indicates that the latest version as well as the version I have installed are both 2.0. I still can’t get scripts to work. Eg.:

lifx_ctrl("all","pulse","red",1,10,0.3)

or even:

lifx_ctrl("group:Bedroom", "on", 1)

Not sure what I can try next, so I will wait for your upload.
Thanks!

Small modifications that need the following:

1. In your startup lua settings you will need to put this line lifx_ctrl = require(“lifx_ctrl”)
  2. To run the script you would type this now lifx_ctrl.lifx_ctrl(“group:Bedroom”, “on”, 1)

In the future I will try to expose this via the plugin (if it isn’t possible already).

FYI, I have had experiences in which my custom code which gets set up via startup lua sometimes does not initialize…not very often but it has happened so YMMV

lifx_ctrl.zip (5.0 KB)

Yep. For whatever stupid reason, this piece of trash won’t let me edit my start-up Lua.
Ever see the movie “Office Space”? Office Space - Printer Scene (UNCENSORED) - YouTube

Edit: ok, the stupid reason is that I cut and paste the line of code from your reply. After typing it manually, it saved the change. Now why didn’t I think of that earlier? Makes perfect sense, right??