LIFX Plugin

@Majimus, do you happen to know if LIFX downlights support local control?
I’ve changed the variable USE_LOCAL to true
The bulbs I’ve got I’ve still got control of, so they must be running local, it’s only the downlights that aren’t changing brightness, and they seem much slower then the bulbs to respond, which makes me think they are running via the cloud?

Local control working properly depends on many local factors (your network), the brightness issue means they are definitely using the cloud…did not even know these down-lights even existed prior to right now. I have some A19s and a Strip so that is what the code is tested with.

I see the problem with the brightness, will try to upload the fix soon but it may take a while for it to get reviewed and released.

Edit: The version with the bug-fix has been sent to the store, you should see it once it passes the review process.

Update: The fixed version is live now.

1 Like

Hi Majimus,
Thanks for fixing the LIFX app, all seems to have gone back to normal now, which is great.
Do you know if its possible to get the downlights to work locally rather then via the cloud?
My internet briefly disconnected… (thanks to Australia’s great internet) and all my mini bulbs continued to work like nothing was wrong, but none of my downlights would respond, and thats 8 of the bulbs in my house!!
I’m not tech savvy enough to work it out, but if you’ve got any suggestions, im happy to try and help for the benefit of other aussies who may have the same downlight setups.
Cheers Ash

Hey I know it’s been a year so I’m hoping someone sees this and can share some insight. I recently got back into automation. Dug out my old vera lite and updated to the latest version of ui7. This plugin works but only with my Tiles. None of my bulbs are responding. The big issue I have is the tiles don’t update status in vera if I use the Lifx App. The lifx app will update status but the plugin in vera won’t. I also can’t change the colors of my tiles but that’s not as important. Thanks guys!

The plugin will eventually update from external changes (power and brightness) but may take a few mins to do so.

edit: I use the plugin with bulbs and light strips, no issues currently.

Ok thanks for the reply. Not sure what else it can be then. I installed the plugin and that’s pretty much it. Not messing around with the script. (I did before but it made no difference. I opted to uninstall by SSH deleting the files and reinstall) I have two sets of tiles and they both work but none of my bulbs respond. The status in Vera won’t update no matter how long it’s been. Thank you for this plugin…

-EDIT

I just tested out a bulb at Pulse Effect and was able to communicate with it. I noticed in the Plug → Advanced → Variables tab : the child count is 0. I thought I saw the child count reflected the number of lights I had synced in settings and also I thought I saw the synced lights’ id populated in Child Data. Could this have an effect on communication? Even if I saw those things before… the communication is the same as it is now … I just find it odd that they;re missing now.

sounds like your ApiKey was not properly entered.

Would all my lights show up in settings if the api key was input incorrectly? I also copied the api key from the plug in settings page to paste it in the lifx pulse effect http remote control api site and it worked there. I gotta be missing something here right? Its strange my tiles work but won’t update status if I use the lifx app to control and none of my bulbs work.

Hey! I just got a used Vera Plus and the lifx plugin can now control and status update on all the other lights! Must be the firmware on the Vera Lite vs Vera Plus? Pretty cool!

1 Like