Linking Vera devices to alexa, via node-red

What about device status feedback? I guess that doesn’t work with this node?

It doesn’t work with HA Bridge I know that.

“Alexa what is the thermostat temperature?”

“Alexa is the back door open?”

“Alexa is the switch X turned off?”

Etc…

That can be coded in if you wish.

I have this turn on tv and opening vera forum Just saying “turn on vera forum” and if i wish i can change saying with alexa routine.

But that’s not device status feedback, asking if a particular device is on or off or if a sensor is opened or closed or what the current temp of a sensor is etc.

Side note for my current situation,

I am using Google Home and Vera’s cloud integration currently. You can ask for some devices status currently, but only seems to work with thermostats and switches however. Door sensors and temperature sensors for example doesn’t seem to work.

I only have one Echo Dot for testing stuff.

Not related but,

Google have just dropped Google Play Music and crippled uploaded music libraries in the new YouTube Music service, I can’t play my own damn music at the moment via voice requests.

So I’m not very happy with Google and their Home speakers at the moment.

Might switch back to Alexa but Amazon also stopped the ability to upload your own music collection to their servers and be able to play it back via voice commands.

So I need a solution for this on either platform.

I know my example was not feedback, but you can do it per device if you wish, or use alexa-remote2 to do it dynamically for all devices.

If you can still cast to your speakers you should be able to make node-red cast any of your music libary, as i don’t have google i not sure of the logistics, but think it’s doable, may need to map a network drive to your pie. May be easier on alexa though, with remote2.

Yes I can still cast from my phone to the Home speakers and play my own music library via the new YouTube Music app.

But Google it seems are now forcing people to pay for a Youtube Music subscription to listen to their own uploaded music library.

If I ask a GH speaker to play a particular artist or album or one of my play lists, it no longer works and instead it plays a BS inspired by artist playlist like Spotify Free does.

With the Google Play Music service which is now been killed off, I could specify via voice to play a particular artist or album or one of my play lists.

I’m not gonna pay for a subscription I won’t even use when I have my own personal music collection on my WHS server.

And I’ve spent hundreds of pounds on Google Home speaker hardware so I don’t see why I should also have to pay for a subscription to play my own music on my own hardware I have purchased. Corporate Greed :thinking:

If i had a goole device I would sort it for you bu allas I do not, I may look into doing it via alaxa though.

Democracy is dead this is the era of the corporation, i fear my decendants rights and freedoms.

2 Likes

You and I could have a very long discussion on that topic LOL.

I might have to send you a Home Mini speaker then. :blush:

So true.

i am looking at alexa remote node and there seems to be a setting for my library, i will investigate. Where in Uk are you?. I am near brighton. in the town eskimo’s have no name for.

Yorkshire God’s country.

Ok a quick google search, and if you put a plex server on your rpi or widows machine, there is a google and alexa skill that will allow you to play files from your plex server

I have not tried the Plex one as I run an Emby Media Server. They had an Alexa integration but it wasn’t very good at the time I was testing it.

Might have to look into these again.

Trying to add dimmable rgb light, Does any one know the variables for a rgb device?

What do you need exactly? I have them integrated under ha bridge.

I have routines calling scenes or code, so I can ask Alexa what’s the temperature of the pool or a briefing for house status. I’m using last alexa, you probably have the same option. This will get the last device used to ask something and use it as your speaker.

I am trying to link the json

{
"on":true,
"bri":254,
"percentage":100,
"hue":50426,
"sat":219,
"xy":[0.23573041502424516,0.11813595458664072],
"ct":383,
"rgb":[170,35,254],
"colormode":"hs",
"meta":{"insert":{"by":"alexa","details":{"ip":"::ffff:192.168.1.45","date":"2020-11-02T13:16:36.452Z"}},"input":{"on":true,"hue":50426,"sat":219},
"changes":{"hue":63351,"sat":64,"xy":[0.3865395354291357,0.34185790254862447],"rgb":[254,190,203],"colormode":"ct"}},"payload":"on"
}

colormode can be “ct” in json.
to the

action               name             variable
SetColor 	    newColorTarget 	    TargetColor 	
SetColorRGB     newColorRGBTarget 	TargetColor 	
SetColorTemp   newColorTempTarget 	TargetColor 

I have never worked with W,D,R,G,B. i am just wondering what need to be sent.

To create a http request to set rgb device via node-red amazon echo.

What is W and D from wdrgb?

Well, it depends on your device’s implementation, but

• SetColorRGB: just send R,G,B as param - so 255,0,0 as red, etc. R255,G0,B0 is also supported.
  • SetColorTemp: it’s accepting the temperature, but expressed as 0-255 - see below.
  • SetColor: accepting W,D,R,G,B as parameter, in the format 0=W,1=D,2=R,3=G,4=B - ie 0=0,1=0,2=255,3=0,4=0 for red.

W and D are used to specify temperature, where W is for warm white (0-255 is W0 => W255 - where D0 => W255 is for 5550 to 9000). But it’s convoluted, a lot.

could you explain this in a different way
or correct me

W is 0 -255 is warm white 0 being 2000 and 255 being 5550.
D is 0 -255 is cool white 0 being 5550 and 255 being 9000.

Almost… W0-255 == 2000 to 5500 (not 5550)
D0-255 is 5500 to 9000.

Each is a 3500 degrees range.

Also in current firmware I see the W and D as 255, not 0, in a five-color component spec for color (temperature ignored). That is, red is not 0=0,1=0,2=255,3=0,4=0, but rather 0=255,1=255,2=255,3=0,4=0.

@therealdb @rigpapa

so i am getting

199 to 383 range in the ct property from the amazon-echo node

383 being 2000 and 199 being 9000.
I say “set light to warm white” or cool white.

Obviously i can do some maths trickery and sort that out.

The set 255,255, 255,0,0 for red has me phased.

so to set any colour i have to sent 255,255,the rgb set.

and to set 2000 i send 0,0,0,0,0 or can i send 0,0,any rgb code.

If it was me, I would use SetColorRGB for setting a color, and SetColorTemp for setting a temperature. Don’t use SetColor or the five-component spec, because it has changed form over versions of firmware. The first two have been stable/consistent all along.

Correct! It’s on a scale of 0-255, where 0 is 2000 and 255 is 5500, for Warm White (W).
While, for Cool White (D), 0 is 5500m, and 255 is 9000.