Long delay when opening the app on iPhone X

Had vera mate for years, usually when I open the app after it has been closed and killed used to take 2-3 seconds.

Since I upgraded to iPhone X, the app opens with no devices, no groups, no rooms - nothing (all blank) for over 20 seconds and then all devices appear and it is working correctly.

This very long delay makes the app unusable.

it happens when I am in local network with the Vera as well as when I am away.

I do have a lot of devices on my vera… but I had the same amount of devices and configuration on my previous phone with no issues.

Anyone else noticing it? My wife - same story exactly. As soon as she switched to iPhone X it takes 20+ seconds to load.

Any advice and help would be useful, or if anyone else is having the same experience it would also be good to know.

Same here. Sadly, I’ve all but given up hope on this app.

The developer seems to be MIA. He would stop in from time to time up through late last year but I haven’t seen him since.

I really liked this application. It was configurable enough to make it “your own” but not as complicated and time-consuming as some of the others.

I also miss the online configuration backup feature so I could replicate my work to other devices.

Sh*t out of luck. It seems the developer took our money and ran. Did not even have the decency to tell us that he will no longer support it.

It is really sad because it was a great app. I had it setup like a T on my device, really really disappointed in the developer.

[quote=“sirpinky, post:1, topic:198367”]Had vera mate for years, usually when I open the app after it has been closed and killed used to take 2-3 seconds.

Since I upgraded to iPhone X, the app opens with no devices, no groups, no rooms - nothing (all blank) for over 20 seconds and then all devices appear and it is working correctly.

This very long delay makes the app unusable.

it happens when I am in local network with the Vera as well as when I am away.

I do have a lot of devices on my vera… but I had the same amount of devices and configuration on my previous phone with no issues.

Anyone else noticing it? My wife - same story exactly. As soon as she switched to iPhone X it takes 20+ seconds to load.

Any advice and help would be useful, or if anyone else is having the same experience it would also be good to know.[/quote]

I have a new iPhone 8. Same problem here. However, my iPad Pro does NOT have the delay.

I suspect it?s a VeraMate problem with one of their recent updates.