Looking for API information

Hi all, I am sure that someone can redirect this to the appropriate form and/or even a informative posting on the topic as this has probably been asked before. I just can’t seem to find the key information on this.

I have a vacation rental and it has several zwave locks (kwikset) that I use to grant access to the property. I use a great cloud based reservation system (ownerreservations.com) who are very responsive to the needs of its users. They have a configuration section on integration with locks - the thought being that you can define a pin code for a booking and the system will make the appropriate API call to set a pin number before the booking starts and remove it once the book ends. This then removes the repetitive task of logging into your system to add and remove pins.

They said they would be happy to extend their integrations to include Vera locks (I could be their ‘tester’) but they are looking for an API.

I have two questions:

Can you update PIN numbers for locks in Vera using a remote API (I am assuming there is a security protocol that must be followed)? (I know that Remotelock seems to be able to do it)

Is there an appropriate page that I can send them to that gives the current API and the processes that they must use to log into the vera system remotely to update the locks?

Thanks in advance.
Glenn

Vera has no remote access, so you should use a relay. I personally have a Linux micro pc running c# that is monitoring an azure queue to parse incoming commands from the outside, but it’s more complicated.

You should be able to achieve this with a plug-in or scheduled scene checking a remote url they will write. You can’t push code, you have to pull them.
More info are in the wiki. Search for it.

Vera always had a remote access API and some of the developers here on the forum are already using it.

@Blueflame66, please send us your inquiry at info@mios.com and we will clarify upon this.

@Sorin Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re maybe referring to exposing the Vera directly to the internet. AFAIK a true remote secure endpoint except the web proxy page doesn’t exist.