So if you are like me and found the Wink paid service a non-starter, but have a lot of Caseta Lights that you want to integrate with Vera here is what I did:
First get and configure a Smart Bridge Pro:
- Pick up Lutron Smart Bridge Pro (It has to have “Pro” in the name! non pro won’t work with Vera)
- Setup your new Bridge and get your lights configured etc.
- In the Lutron App go to Settings->Advanced->Integration and turn on Telnet Support
- Then Directly Below the Telnet Support setting, click on Send Integration Report to email yourself the ID numbers of your lights, will be in “Zones” at the bottom
Now in Vera you will be using the “Lutron RadioRA2 Gateway” Plug-In
- Install the Lutron RadioRA2 Gateway from Vera App Store
- The instructions for the Gateway are here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_lutron_radiora2_gateway
- Go to the new Gateway device and click on “Advanced”
- On the Parameters Tab Set user to “lutron” and password to “integration”"
- On the Variables Tab Set DeviceList and set this using the IDs from the integration report and the letters from the Gateway instructions, for Example if you entered the string “D:2,3;S:4” This means you have two dimmers with ID 2 and 3, and one switch with ID 4, from your integration report.
- Do a Engine Reload, an your new devices will show up.
Now you will notice that your Dimmers aren’t quite displaying the way you want. Because of the age of the plug-in, it is not setting the Status correctly for the Dimmer (only the loadlevel). To fix this, grab my file attached here, unzip, and upload to your Vera using App->Develop Apps->Luup Files and upload my fixed up LUA file. Reload the engine and your Dimmers will now work correctly.
Note that your PICO remote will work with your lights without being integrated into Vera, if you want PICO remotes to trigger scenes, I believe you can get them to show up using the K (keyboard) device but I haven’t done enough testing to know how to get it to work, or if some addition LUA file fixes are needed (likely).
L_LutronRA2Telnet1.zip (5.4 KB)