Lyric Thermostat and UI7 Version 7.0.19

I’ve searched and browsed for this, but don’t see any information about how it’s going with the Lyric thermostat since UI7 Version 7.0.19. I had my Veralite in storage for the last few months while I built and moved to a new house. I got it fired up again, and am looking to get a thermostat soon. I see the Lyric listed on the add devices screen, but would like to know if anyone has experience using it since it’s officially integrated? I’d like to get this one, but can also go with a z-wave thermostat again.

Thanks

Also I noticed the Add Device list shows the Lyric Round thermostat. Does this mean it doesn’t work with the square Lyric T5? I was thinking they used the same Lyric software?

jorakal, I actually have one connected to one of my controllers. It works fine, it isn’t on my main house controller yet because there was an issue in 7.0.19 with a motion sensor that I use in my home, so I haven’t fully integrated it yet. I have the round one. I would say that it is OK. I get some notifications from its app that wouldn’t come through Vera, like low humidity levels. I can also make quick temperature changes through the Apple Watch which is great.

We worked very closely with Honeywell on the integration, it should work for any of the Lyric family thermostats. TCC thermostats are a different integration protocol and they do not work with the Lyric protocol.

Update: I bought a Lyric T5. Everything is working correctly with my Vera Lite. :slight_smile:

Are you able to see the humidity level in Vera yet? I am also wondering if you are able to control the thermostat with sensors or scenes like zwave thermostats? I am looking for this features mostly and am thinking of the T5 but would like to confirm I can do this before I proceed.

Marc, are you also working with Honeywell to incorporate their Lyric Water Leak and Freeze Detector? I do not find that listed anywhere. I believe it uses the same login site so seems like a simple expansion of Honeywell device setup.

I too would like to know if the Vera Plus will communicate with the Honeywell Lyric Leak detector.

[quote=“Marc Shenker, post:3, topic:195453”]jorakal, I actually have one connected to one of my controllers. It works fine, it isn’t on my main house controller yet because there was an issue in 7.0.19 with a motion sensor that I use in my home, so I haven’t fully integrated it yet. I have the round one. I would say that it is OK. I get some notifications from its app that wouldn’t come through Vera, like low humidity levels. I can also make quick temperature changes through the Apple Watch which is great.

We worked very closely with Honeywell on the integration, it should work for any of the Lyric family thermostats. TCC thermostats are a different integration protocol and they do not work with the Lyric protocol.[/quote]

Hi @Marc Shenker, how did you get the Lyric T5 paired up with your Vera? Not having any luck here.

Actually Lyric T5 does not have a specific integration with Vera because only Lyric Round is integrated and found in the devices menu.

However, being in the same Lyric series, it should use the same API, and it should work, if you add it as Lyric round from Vera’s add device menu. But I cannot say for sure how it will work, or if all features will be available.

[quote=“John M., post:9, topic:195453”]Actually Lyric T5 does not have a specific integration with Vera because only Lyric Round is integrated and found in the devices menu.

However, being in the same Lyric series, it should use the same API, and it should work, if you add it as Lyric round from Vera’s add device menu. But I cannot say for sure how it will work, or if all features will be available.[/quote]

It worked. Thank you!

So I have the Veralite with the UI7 and I have replaced my Honeywell ZWSTAT with a new Lyric T6 Pro. I installed the unit and used the Honeywell Plugin (round Lyric) mentioned above and it seems to see the thermostat and shows the indoor temperature but the Current setpoint shows 0.0 degrees. Any thoughts as to why? (see screenshot attached). Any help would be appreciated!

No help??

I can offer that my Lyric T5 is working in vera edge on the latest firmware (I’m actually on the beta with the updated zwave drivers); I used the Lyric Round integration adding the device via the web interface because it doesn’t seem to be available on the mobile app,

The T5 shows in my vera app on iOS and I can set the temperature, I’ve also done some light work in PLEG, it seems to see the primary variables although I’m having a few issues such as:

[ul][li]in the morning, after hours of inactivity, the vera app cannot send commands to lyric until either the lyric app is used or the lyric control panel is used. After either of those, the vera/lyric app works again[/li]
[li]Geofencing status isn’t reported. I see “ModeAway” which is always “Off” but searching the lyric developer site it claims to use “SmartAway” which isn’t listed in any of the vera/lyric app variabls[/li][/ul]

I have veramate iOS app, it for some reason only sees the current temperature, I cannot make adjustments or see the setpoint.

Hi MarcCM, is your post from April 16th still up to date or have you seen improvement?

We are working together with Honeywell for some bug fixing and update for existing Lyric devices. This should be part of the upcoming Vera firmware update.

We will then start working on integration Lyric T5+ thermostats.

I am late to seeing this question, I ended up selling my T5 thermostats and reverting to an older honeywell Total Comfort smart thermostat which does not have the time-out issue the T5 had. I went as far as to talk with Honeywell developers on their API and Vera support; Honeywell developers had zero to offer and nothing came of my efforts with Vera either. The honeywell Lyric API is public, it seems VERA could have cleaned this up long ago.

Sorin, has any Lyric T5 development happened since your last post?

@mark

A few things have changed from my previous affirmation. Not sure if you were aware: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,102841.0.html

But the new direction includes adding compatibility with these devices and many more, with one caveat - after the stabilization phase which has been happening in the last few months. In theory, we should start seeing new features and integrations around Feb 2019.

Thanks for the link to the acquisition, Sorin.

I do notice the honeywell Lyric app was recently updated, can you comment on that? It’s odd that there are no comments in the apps, most are just a title and maybe a partial description.

When a user accesses apps from their vera web interface, there is almost no information about the app, and almost never a link to a support forum or description page. This is a very odd approach leaving users scratching their heads “what does this app even do and where can I find more information on it?” Can you share that with the new administration?

So the latest on the Lyric T5 working with Vera, is that it hasn’t worked since mid 2018. I got with Vera support about it, but they couldn’t fix it. I just tried deinstalling all of it again, and reinstalling. Entered authorization code, but same issue as last year. Even though it says it’s authorized after pressing the button, the actual device never appears in Vera. The variables page for LastErrorMessage shows Plugin not authorized.

Oh well. I went with this originally because Vera said they supported it, and it did work in the beginning. I can use the Lyric with Alexa and Google, and the Honeywell app, but not for automation with Vera. So… I finally decided to look for another thermostat and home automation controller.

Does anyone know if there has there been any further development on integrating the Lyric T6 Pro? I see this same behavior with the setpoint showing as 0.0. Also there doesn’t seem to be any communication of settings changes from Vera controller to the Thermostat.

It’s really annoying to purchase and install a new thermostat that at first glance looks like it should be supported by Vera based on the availability of the Honeywell Lyric (by MiOS) app only to find out that it doesn’t work correctly.

I’m hopeful that I’m just doing something wrong or that we will see an update soon.

-uberpixel